Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,247 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 536,596
Pageviews Today: 947,199Threads Today: 469Posts Today: 7,240
10:42 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

SLASH is not a good guitar player --->Discussion of the musically inclined only, no n00bs

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 827436
United States
02/17/2011 02:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: SLASH is not a good guitar player --->Discussion of the musically inclined only, no n00bs
Jimi hendrix, bb king, kirk hammett, david gilmour, dimebag darryl, and so on
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 302677

Dimebag? What about Randy Rhoads, Jake E. Lee, Alex Lifeson, Neal Schon, Steve Clark.
 Quoting: m/walk

Yes dimebag.

What's with the question mark after it?

It said musically inclined only in the heading.

Get the fuck out noob
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1262720

Suck my balls you kangaroo fucker, dimebag is NOT in the same league as Hendrix, YOU are the fucking noob...
 Quoting: m/walk

I disagree, you need to look at the type of player. Hendrix did some amazing stuff, the way he would play a rythm part and add a lead was unheard of, no one before him had ever dome it that way. If you play guitar try castles made of sand, or just listen to it.

Dime on the other hand had his own tricks, listen to "floods", the solo on that song is one of the best that came in a 5 year radiusaround it. Dime was a lot faster than Hendrix, but Hendrix had feel, pantera was a machine that destroyed, Hendrix was more about peace n love.

Two greats that were ahead of the times for sure, both very influential.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1265982
Australia
02/17/2011 02:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: SLASH is not a good guitar player --->Discussion of the musically inclined only, no n00bs
There are more but I can't think of them off top my head.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 827436

JUSTIN BEEBER!!!!!
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/17/2011 02:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Op I doubt seriously you play guitar.I have been playing for over 30 years and know my guitar well.While Slash may not be the best,he is a great player.One of the best leads ever created and played is on sweet child of mine.It is a flawless lead played with great technical skill and emotion.In fact I challenge any guitar player to play it and sound as good.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 57407

I'll try it, shoot me a email [email protected]

it's been a long time since I tried that intro, but I'll give it a shot. I started playing in 90, so I remember crankin that one out.
Anonymous Coward
United States
02/17/2011 02:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
There are more but I can't think of them off top my head.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 827436

JUSTIN BEEBER!!!!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1265982

Dude YouTube bieber hit in the head with a bottle, it's sweet
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1268326
United Kingdom
02/17/2011 03:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Uly Roth
Frank Gambale
Ron Etcher
Les Wise
Joe Dorio
Ian Majors
Rey Gomez
Joaquin Lievano
Jan Akerman
Pat Meheney
Raul Cardenas
Steve Hackett
Steve Howe
Alan Holdsworth
Yngwie Malmsteem
Frank Zappa
Al Di Meola.
Edie Van Halen
Alex Lifesong..?(rush)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1269876
Germany
02/18/2011 03:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
I could play my recorder better in 3rd grade than he can play his guitar. He is just a so so player, nothing special.
 Quoting: gnr 1261741

what's a 'good guitar' player for you?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1268310

Jimmy Page, Hendrix
Eddie Van Halen
Brian May, BB King, Santana

Those are really 6 good players. Slash is probably at number 20-25 if I was to make a list.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
02/18/2011 03:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here is a good vodeo of Jimmy Page back in 1957

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1078715
United States
02/18/2011 03:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
I could play my recorder better in 3rd grade than he can play his guitar. He is just a so so player, nothing special.

And you are a lead guitarist for several world renown rock bands? NO? STFU.
Anonymous Coward
Germany
02/18/2011 03:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

And you are a lead guitarist for several world renown rock bands? NO? STFU.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1078715

s226
the cuban cornhole
User ID: 13742312
Canada
05/12/2012 10:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS THANK YOU IM GLAD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO REALIZES THIS I COULD NAME SEVERAL BETTER GUITARIST LETS START WITH ONE JIMMY PAIGE

page is sloppy as fuk. i can play better than pages wrinkled up ass leave slash alone hes got way more skills and money than any of you porch monkeys. what are you dumm asses even argueing about somthing pointless like this go outside you yard apes.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13742312
Canada
05/12/2012 10:15 AM
Report Abusive Post

i dont think you can you little wanker. why not creat some music like slash did and get rich and live the good life if your so good you mongoloid trout sniffer nutt hugger MOFO LOL
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15863760
United States
05/12/2012 10:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Guthrie Govan, nuff' said.
Murmuring_Sparrows

User ID: 9223773
Puerto Rico
05/12/2012 10:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Not that I love his music, I just know that his solo's are hard to play: Dave Mustaine
Looking at every moment and experience for the opportunity it is to learn... is the greatest gift we can give ourselves.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15936488
United Kingdom
05/12/2012 10:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez owns the Slashes of this world.
 Quoting: Ubikz 1223996

No Slash isnt the best. He may be the best pentatonic rocker ha ha.

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez truly could be in the top 10 maybe 5.

Tree)O(Life
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14594859
Canada
05/12/2012 10:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
So, you think he's no good because he doesn't play a thousand notes per second, using hammer on technique and making dive bomber noises.

You are the one who is not musically inclined.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4619492
United States
05/12/2012 11:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
slash has made a mint playing he is a good guitar player.
RenegadeSon

User ID: 3226528
United States
05/12/2012 11:28 AM

Report Abusive Post

Last Edited by RenegadeSon on 05/12/2012 11:45 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11135981
United States
05/12/2012 12:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS THANK YOU IM GLAD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO REALIZES THIS I COULD NAME SEVERAL BETTER GUITARIST LETS START WITH ONE JIMMY PAIGE

Since I've been loving you live in 73 at Madison Square garden. Never been a better performance. He established himself as a god in 73.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1262510

Exactly, no one can top Jimmy Page, especially circa 1973, live No Quarter is INCREDIBLE. Plus, Jimmy wrote the best songs and most enduring riffs, that everyone still copies, Slash will be the first to admit he copies Jimmy. Slash is ok, but not in the same universe as the legendary and versatile Jimmy Page, who is also the greatest producer ever, he produced all Led Zeppelin albums. The more the more you study Page, the more he boggles the mind.

Alex Lifeson, Joe Satriani, Trevor Rabin, Roger Steen, Glenn Tilbrook, Andy Summers, Steve Lukather, Al DiMeola, and Paco Delucia (the best flamenco player that ever lived) are all really great axemen too.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1122898

Thank you for naming Trevor Rabin!!! Lots of good names on your list like Summers and Lukather

Would like to add a few more:

Barney Kessel
Kenny Burrell
Buckethead
Gary Moore
Ronnie Montrose
Jeff Beck
Guthrie Govan
Andy Timmons

Whats that quirky Acoustic players name (Australian?) he likes to play the Beatles a lot? He's a pretty significant player!
my balls itch
User ID: 11119305
United States
05/12/2012 12:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
lets not leave out

Dickie Betts blue sky solo

Duane Allman

Mick Taylor

Eric johnson

Alex lifeson on la villa strangiato solo blows away any shredding bullshit of all time. Clear notes with feeling and not just playing a thousand notes per second like most shred bullshit.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 8802384
United States
05/12/2012 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Joe Bonamassa - [link to www.youtube.com]

Derek Trucks - [link to www.youtube.com]

Richie Kotzen - [link to www.youtube.com]

Warren Haynes - [link to www.youtube.com]

Eric Johnson - [link to www.youtube.com]

Take your pick. You will not be sorry. There are many good guitar players and your taste in music usually dictates who you like. I have a very open mind when it comes to music. Post some great guitarists to check out and broaden my horizons.
my balls itch
User ID: 11119305
United States
05/12/2012 12:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.youtube.com]

you can feel the emotions in this guitar solo
Anonymous Coward TURBO GOLD
User ID: 15900080
United States
05/12/2012 12:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
AGREED! Santana was great back then. His tone was amazing, dynamic. Now he sounds like every other guy.
I think he was using a Fender Twin back then, at least when recording.

Jimi hendrix, bb king, kirk hammett, david gilmour, dimebag darryl, and so on

Carlos Santana, Jeff Beck as well
 Quoting: PARANOID.

+1 for Jeff Beck. Santana....he should have stuck with the SG and the Marshalls...he sounds like he's playing a buzzy toy nowadays with the PRS. He peaked with the acid and SG at woodstock.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1262510
United States
05/12/2012 12:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
You are correct, Sir!
I can't stand these 'deedledeedledeedle' guitarists. Fast is not good without intention. They're just using muscle memory and turning off their brains when they play those solos...

Oh jeez not this shit again..

Slash opennly admits he isn't technically a great guitar player. And so what? It isn't how many notes you can play in a second or how "skillful" you appear to be. Steve Vai and Satriani can play at lightning speed but they are both soulless little nobodies that can't write good music even if they tried.

It's about soul, not speed or technical ability. Stay in 3rd grade where you belong asswipe!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 499484
AmericanJedi

User ID: 1503533
United States
05/12/2012 12:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

One of the greatest guitarist of all times, IMHO. He buries Slash.
(GLP aka American Jedi)

Listen here you beautiful bitch, I'm about to fuck you up with some truth.
Kenny Powers

If you steal the dreams of others long enough, sooner or later you'll end up in a nightmare.
American Jedi

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.
Albert Einstein

Satis Eloquentiae, Sapientiae Parum....

"The last of the old?"

"No, the first of the new."
United States
05/12/2012 01:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Alan FUCKING HOLDSWORTH!
His early work with Tony Williams, UK and Bill Bruford.
Utterly unique. Some of those solos bring tears to my eyes.
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/12/2012 01:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
I hope some of you will check these out!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15935187
United States
05/12/2012 01:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't see you headlining one of the biggest money making bands in history. He might not be the greatest, but it matters little. He made it....did you and your recorder?
Anonymous Coward
United States
05/12/2012 01:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Some superb guitar playing from EJ

Anonymous Coward
United States
05/12/2012 01:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Eric Johnson - Desert Rose

Andy Timmons - Super 70's

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15829013
United States
05/12/2012 01:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yet, here YOU are, on GLP pissing and moaning, while Slash is living the high life with fame and fortune. Yeah, you're a real winner.

Idiot.

GLP