Re: Earthquake Thread ~ Always Updated
Magnitude 2.5
Region CHANNEL ISLANDS REG., CALIFORNIA
Date time 2019-11-08 20:52:08.1 UTC
Location 33.47 N ; 119.22 W
Depth 4 km
[link to m.emsc.eu (secure)]
 Quoting: Simple27

The Ventura County coast has been struck by a series of small earthquakes over the past two days, including a magnitude 3.6 quake that hit at 5:29 a.m. Friday.

[link to www.latimes.com (secure)]
joinca

User ID: 69914580
United States
11/08/2019 04:14 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Sean Davis
@seanmdav
Facebook is now censoring all mentions of the anti-Trump leaker whom @RCInvestigates
has identified as Eric Ciaramella.

[link to twitter.com (secure)]
 Quoting: joinca

The panic is real

ohyeah

ilikeyougif
"The government will one day be corrupt and full of liars, and the people will flock to the one that tells the truth." - “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.” - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - "A Country with no Border, is not a country" -- Thomas Jefferson

We MUST NEVER forget what Kamala Harris did to Justice Kavanaugh & his family!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 53014965
Portugal
11/08/2019 04:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
joinca

United States
11/08/2019 04:33 PM

Report Abusive Post
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- An apparent earthquake swarm rattled the Ventura area Friday morning, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

Five different quakes hit the area between 4 a.m. and 7 a.m.

the full story and video :
[link to abc7.com (secure)]

:dogquake::dogquake::dogquake::dogquake:
"The government will one day be corrupt and full of liars, and the people will flock to the one that tells the truth." - “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.” - "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - "A Country with no Border, is not a country" -- Thomas Jefferson

joinca

United States
11/08/2019 04:38 PM

Report Abusive Post
@DrLucyJones

Today's Ventura activity is an earthquake swarm. That means no one quake is so much bigger than the others that it can be called the mainshock.
Swarms are common. Similar ones in Ventura in 1984 & 2015.
Swarms are NOT more likely to be followed by a big quake

[link to twitter.com (secure)]

joinca

United States
11/08/2019 05:51 PM

Report Abusive Post
Magnitude M 3.1
Region DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Date time 2019-11-08 20:34:06.0 UTC
Location 18.68 N ; 69.62 W
Depth 108 km
[link to www.emsc.eu (secure)]

joinca

United States
11/08/2019 05:51 PM

Report Abusive Post
Magnitude ML 3.1
Region ANTOFAGASTA, CHILE
Date time 2019-11-08 21:02:28.0 UTC
Location 21.83 S ; 68.53 W
Depth 118 km

joinca

United States
11/08/2019 05:52 PM

Report Abusive Post
Magnitude mb 4.9
Region KURIL ISLANDS
Date time 2019-11-08 21:03:42.0 UTC
Location 43.68 N ; 146.98 E
Depth 60 km

joinca

United States
11/08/2019 05:53 PM

Report Abusive Post
Magnitude ML 3.2
Region ROMANIA
Date time 2019-11-08 21:38:01.7 UTC
Location 45.38 N ; 26.31 E
Depth 131 km

joinca

United States
11/08/2019 05:53 PM

Report Abusive Post
Magnitude ML 3.6
Region COQUIMBO, CHILE
Date time 2019-11-08 21:38:47.0 UTC
Location 31.83 S ; 71.33 W
Depth 58 km

joinca

United States
11/08/2019 05:56 PM

Report Abusive Post
Ventura, Ca. AGAIN

Magnitude Ml 3.0
Region GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA, CALIF.
Date time 2019-11-08 21:55:02.2 UTC
Location 34.28 N ; 119.28 W
Depth 13 km

[link to scedc.caltech.edu (secure)]
[link to scedc.caltech.edu (secure)]

joinca

United States
11/08/2019 05:56 PM

Report Abusive Post
Magnitude M 3.9
Region CELEBES SEA
Date time 2019-11-08 22:35:00.0 UTC
Location 3.33 N ; 123.35 E
Depth 472 km

joinca

United States
11/08/2019 06:08 PM

Report Abusive Post
MalwareBytes has identified a new malware strain that has affected 45,000 Android devices to date. The malware dubbed xHelper is seven months old and has already reached the MalwareBytes’ top 10 list of malware in the month of August. According to security researchers, this malware has one of the most efficient methods to disguise itself and evade any kind of antivirus.

the full story:
[link to fossbytes.com (secure)]

joinca

United States
11/08/2019 06:50 PM

Report Abusive Post
Magnitude M 3.6
Region DOMINICAN REPUBLIC REGION
Date time 2019-11-08 22:45:50.0 UTC
Location 20.09 N ; 70.41 W
Depth 23 km

joinca

United States
11/08/2019 06:51 PM

Report Abusive Post
Magnitude mb 4.7
Region HALMAHERA, INDONESIA
Date time 2019-11-08 23:14:47.4 UTC
Location 0.24 N ; 127.03 E
Depth 114 km

joinca

United States
11/08/2019 06:52 PM

Report Abusive Post
Magnitude ML 3.0
Region OFFSHORE ATACAMA, CHILE
Date time 2019-11-08 23:29:51.0 UTC
Location 27.41 S ; 71.52 W
Depth 28 km

joinca

United States
11/08/2019 06:52 PM

Report Abusive Post
Magnitude M 4.5
Region OFFSHORE OAXACA, MEXICO
Date time 2019-11-08 23:30:25.0 UTC
Location 15.52 N ; 96.81 W
Depth 16 km

KickinIt

User ID: 74785546
United States
11/08/2019 08:19 PM

Report Abusive Post
Thank you to all of you for your congratulations and best wishes! Y'all are the best! I tried to hurry through and check the EQs and other news - so much happening so fast! Thank you to all of you who keep us notified of all the EQs, the weather, and the interesting tidbits that come along.

My roller coaster ride continues! No sooner get more relaxed and comfortable after getting Baby S back, than we get blindsided by some unexpected bad news. 2 days ago my nephew OD'd. He had been doing so well, and had been clean and sober for over 6 months. But he didn't change friends or location, so the temptation was too great. He told someone, "just one more time for old times sake" - and was dead in less than 30 minutes.

This kid had a 2 yr old daughter, who lost her mom to an OD about a year ago. Dad had just started to get time to spend with her because he was doing so well staying clean. I cannot believe how tragic and heartbreaking this in. He could be such a great young man!!! His family is just shattered.

I don't want to tell grandson - the 2 guys had been in contact recently and my nephew was all over grandson to get clean and make sure he would be there for his daughter. Now he's gone.

2019 has been a pretty sucky year in so many ways. I'm ready for something better!!!
 Quoting: justanothergranny

sadbunnygif

I'm so sorry about your nephew, Granny. It's a terrible way to lose someone, especially when he seemed to be on a positive path and had 6 months clean. I'm sure once your grandson finds out he will be very upset, but perhaps in the long run this will motivate him further to stay sober. If this loss isn't reality, I'm not sure what is. Blessings to you and your nephew's family.
KickinIt

United States
11/08/2019 08:21 PM

Report Abusive Post
There has definitely been an increase. In larger quakes, but also in overall activity based on the number of pages of quakes per day. I notice Hawaii/Mayotte have both increased a bit too, makes me wonder what's brewing there.
 Quoting: KickinIt

Not sure if you've seen these recent videos. First video was uploaded 4 weeks ago...

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]

And the below video was uploaded yesterday showing the water sampling taken by drone.

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]

kermit reaction

I have been following this loosely, but had not seen that 2nd video, so thanks. I have never taken my eye off Hawaii since Kilauea. It just didn't feel over.
KickinIt

United States
11/08/2019 08:22 PM

Report Abusive Post
hismile_kiss
 Quoting: Ostria1

waterskihi
KickinIt

United States
11/08/2019 08:39 PM

Report Abusive Post
Thank you to all of you for your congratulations and best wishes! Y'all are the best! I tried to hurry through and check the EQs and other news - so much happening so fast! Thank you to all of you who keep us notified of all the EQs, the weather, and the interesting tidbits that come along.

My roller coaster ride continues! No sooner get more relaxed and comfortable after getting Baby S back, than we get blindsided by some unexpected bad news. 2 days ago my nephew OD'd. He had been doing so well, and had been clean and sober for over 6 months. But he didn't change friends or location, so the temptation was too great. He told someone, "just one more time for old times sake" - and was dead in less than 30 minutes.

This kid had a 2 yr old daughter, who lost her mom to an OD about a year ago. Dad had just started to get time to spend with her because he was doing so well staying clean. I cannot believe how tragic and heartbreaking this in. He could be such a great young man!!! His family is just shattered.

I don't want to tell grandson - the 2 guys had been in contact recently and my nephew was all over grandson to get clean and make sure he would be there for his daughter. Now he's gone.

2019 has been a pretty sucky year in so many ways. I'm ready for something better!!!
 Quoting: justanothergranny

Oh granny, I am so sorry to hear about your nephew. tissue His story sounds almost exactly like my cousin who OD'd. My cousin had some clean time put together and had his little girl and little boy back in his life, seeing them regularly. He was even going to try to get full custody of them, and then he made that same terrible decision to do the drugs 'one more time'. One more time is all it took and now we no longer have such a wonderful man with us. I still believe he got a batch with fentanyl in it. That shit was killing everyone around here at the time. Seriously. I lost my cousin and 10+ childhood friends that year. These drugs, and those who sell them, are EVIL.

Prayers for your family granny. This is going to be VERY hard on your grandson. After he's told of the tragic news, please keep a closer-than-normal eye on him. For a few months, at least.

Sending all my love

s27_heart9

I thought about your cousin as soon as I read that. I remember that clearly when you lost him. And I definitely think it was fentanyl, as it probably was with Granny's nephew too (although I'm speculating what he OD'd on, but it seems it's always heroin these days). They are cutting fentanyl into everything now, and you don't know what you're getting. That's why people are dropping like flies. Remember ND's brother died of an accidental overdose too. I think maybe cocaine in that situation, but still, there was speculation fentanyl was involved.

there was a really good 20/20 special about the fentanyl coming from China. This was at least a year ago. Might've been dateline but I think it was 20/20. If you can find it, it was good. They actually bought some fentanyl online and traveled to China to find the place they bought it from. The address was non-existent, but they somehow tracked and found the people/company they bought it from and it was all very shady and underground and oddly small scale, all things considered. And they interviewed people on the streets in China and overall the majority didn't know what fentanyl even was, much less that their country is producing most of it for the rest of the world.
KickinIt

United States
11/08/2019 08:40 PM

Report Abusive Post
Nowdays... anything that is a pill or a powder bought off the streets and ALL heroin is cut with fentanyl...all of it.

So sorry to hear about your nephew, Granny...these drugs have touch too many lives.

Happy Friday Quakesters!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

rockon
 Quoting: mistersplinter

I should've just used the "that's what he said" meme and left it at that!

tomato
KickinIt

United States
11/08/2019 08:48 PM

Report Abusive Post
I'm hesitant to even type it because I'm afraid I will somehow curse and reverse it lol, but I'm starting to feel better finally! There's still some spot pain here and there at times, but it's no longer radiating throughout my entire body 24/7. Thank GOD!

Energy and strength are slowing creeping back in. : )

This has been so very scary for me. The sudden onset of constant moderate-severe pain all over my body that lasted WEEKS scared the shit out of me. When it took my ability to walk that Wednesday night weeks ago, it freaked me out so badly that my anxiety/stress has been through the roof. Granted I was only immobilized fully for 20-30 minutes, but I was immobilized FULLY. Scariest thing. Crazy pain.

And I don't know that I'm going to be able to go back to work for that man. He is true poison for my soul. And in all reality, any attorney would be like a kid in a candy shop if I filed a harassment/discrimination lawsuit against him. It would be a slam dunk, guaranteed huge win. He is such a terrible person. Nef got laid off. Shocking eh? Timing is just a coincidence I'm sure. Pffftttt. The retaliations have already begun due to my leave of absence. My "medically necessary leave of absence" mind you. That is 100% illegal in the good ol' United States. He's crossed the legality line multiple times already since I notified him of this leave.

Shit, I can't believe Nef got laid off. I'm really sorry, the timing sucks. However, you will not be left hanging and I know that will all work itself out. The important thing is that you are feeling such improvement. I hope you stay on that path!

Your boss is a jerk. I'm sure he hates to lose you for a month and it's made things stressful, but for god's sake, this was ordered by your doctor and he knows you have health problems. It's not like you're faking sick for a few days off. If he's harassing you about that I honestly wonder if you should consult a lawyer. It's blatantly illegal, plus there have been many other things over the years. I'm not normally a "SUE HIM" kind of gal, but I do think you'd have a case. And I feel like your boss kinda deserves it.
KickinIt

United States
11/08/2019 08:49 PM

Report Abusive Post
Throwing this out there because I have no idea what it is. Last night (well, around 2am) Nef and I were still awake and in the living room. Mini was upstairs in bed and the house was silent. No tv, no noise. We were both reading. Out of nowhere we hear this BIG bang/boom. At first I thought mini might've fallen out of bed, but the sound changed to more of nearby explosion of some sort. Didn't last long, but longer than a thud would from someone falling out of bed. We both looked at each other like wtf was that and both jumped up to look out windows. He went outside to check out front and I went out back. It sounded relatively close. Within a couple of blocks.

We went to bed shortly after and didn't hear it again.

Well about 20 minutes ago it happened again. Louder this time. And now, about 2 minutes ago AGAIN! And WAY louder this time. WAY closer! Whoa, and now AGAIN!

wtf

hiding

No ideas, other than perhaps a transformer blowing

kermit thinking
KickinIt

United States
11/08/2019 09:09 PM

Report Abusive Post