Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,645 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 196,589
Pageviews Today: 322,314Threads Today: 104Posts Today: 1,798
04:10 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Why are women keeping their own last name in marriage? It's still the last name of a patriarch, their dad's last name

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 57156870
United States
06/07/2015 11:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Why are women keeping their own last name in marriage? It's still the last name of a patriarch, their dad's last name
I used to date (bang) this little honey and she was a total bitch. We were young and she thought she was a feminist. She didn't know what it meant so she just acted like an asshole.

Anyway one day after class she was basking in the afterglow and started talking about marriage (yikes!) and she tried to be like I'm keeping my own last name if we get married. I was like what's the point, you're just preserving another man's family name. She kind of went cross-eyed and got all pissy about it. Then I said that's fine sweetheart. I knew there's no way in hell I'd be marrying her anyway.

My question is, don't women even think about the efforts of their own movement? Don't they realize that what should be the whole basis for keeping their own last name, which would be to create their own matriarchal line, is a failure? It's like they want to wish away that little detail.

If they were going to achieve their feminist agenda properly, then they should start anew and make up their own last name when they marry and change it entirely. That way they can shun their own family name, which is her father's, AND get away from taking a new patriarchal name.
Dr. Rorschach Watchmen

User ID: 68618202
United States
06/07/2015 11:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Why are women keeping their own last name in marriage? It's still the last name of a patriarch, their dad's last name
I used to date (bang) this little honey and she was a total bitch. We were young and she thought she was a feminist. She didn't know what it meant so she just acted like an asshole.

Anyway one day after class she was basking in the afterglow and started talking about marriage (yikes!) and she tried to be like I'm keeping my own last name if we get married. I was like what's the point, you're just preserving another man's family name. She kind of went cross-eyed and got all pissy about it. Then I said that's fine sweetheart. I knew there's no way in hell I'd be marrying her anyway.

My question is, don't women even think about the efforts of their own movement? Don't they realize that what should be the whole basis for keeping their own last name, which would be to create their own matriarchal line, is a failure? It's like they want to wish away that little detail.

If they were going to achieve their feminist agenda properly, then they should start anew and make up their own last name when they marry and change it entirely. That way they can shun their own family name, which is her father's, AND get away from taking a new patriarchal name.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 57156870

This is as far as I got. Start talking like a man and not a boy.
“When you’re dead you’re dead, but you’re not quite so dead if you contribute something”

-John Dunsworth
BoredBoredBored

User ID: 69065950
Albania
06/07/2015 11:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Why are women keeping their own last name in marriage? It's still the last name of a patriarch, their dad's last name
Because marriage doesn't last and name changes are added paperwork. Why bother?
John Difool

User ID: 68805961
United States
06/07/2015 11:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
New age feminazi libtardism. A woman keeping her maiden name after marriage is pretty much de-balling her husband and keeping his cajones in her purse without having to use shears.
BoredBoredBored

Albania
06/07/2015 11:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
New age feminazi libtardism. A woman keeping her maiden name after marriage is pretty much de-balling her husband and keeping his cajones in her purse without having to use shears.
 Quoting: John Difool

If he's that easily deballed, he's probably part of the problem.

Last Edited by BoredBoredBored on 06/07/2015 11:31 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 69290774
United States
06/07/2015 11:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
the idea of western feminism is damning to our species. Feminism, true sacred feminism is about balance and harmony. about love, compassion, peace, empathy, basically all traits most feminist completely through out he window in favor of what propaganda tells them they should embody.

True Ancient Egypt was a matriarchy and thrived for tens thousands of years before the ahmen priesthood flipped the culture to patriarchy ways, and changed/hid history to complement it.

Stop bashing feminism, most males need it to rediscover ourselves. our entire society is masculine based, war, hate, fear, logical control. women dont embody the sacred feminine and instead are tricked into embodying masculine, surely not sacred as most men are hiding behind a military or westernized tough guy facade.

Balance is key and we are so manipulated threads like this remind me why it is so hard for so many to open their eyes to their actions and thoughts.

Make a new last name, and let future joining couples carry the name. Men have no respect for women and women have no respect for themselves. the whole military training at the same level is absurd. the whole women in the workforce weeks after birth is insane. all propaganda to distract from our roles in clan/tribe/family... the woman is a nurturer, lover, carrying soul to raise the children right with morals and ethics. We tell women to go serve in the military carry the same weight when your eyes are meant to discern berries in the wild gathering, provide milk and food for the first two years of a childs life, share love.. the male is the ox,the provider, the protector, yet respectful, logical.. Yes some souls want different when coming in, but whatever vessel we incarnate in has a wealth of skills and advantages the other sex doesnt for a reason.. just like our hair we shave off in basic training and most ignorantly do freely.. we are the only species to grow excessive hair from our heads, it is there for intuition, external nerves, to use our other 350+ senses.. yet we cut it off obediently, like slaves and our mindsets show that when we remove our nerves and being to be brain washed to kill, murder, and judge others..

wake up from your petty quarrels!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31052268
United States
06/07/2015 11:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Feminazis are possessed by demons.
Avoid them like the plague.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 69282129
United States
06/07/2015 11:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: BoredBoredBored

Its a complete pain in the ass to change your name period. Its like paying more for dry cleaning and everything else - women get a helping more of inconvenience.

Names are weird things, think about it - you don't get to pick your own - or you can - but again what a boat load of work and trouble going through a change of name.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 69228559
Australia
06/07/2015 11:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
These type of women stay away from.

If they insist on keeping their last name it's to make the divorce more convenient after they suck you dry and take at half of everything you had.

Feminists are women who think they don't need men and they should not marry or be married.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37455024
United States
06/07/2015 11:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Because it's the name they were born with and it's much less complicated to keep to one legal name during your life.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 69440749
United States
06/07/2015 11:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
My last name is smith.... there is enough of us already, no reason to add another because of some pointless tradition
BoredBoredBored

Albania
06/07/2015 11:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
These type of women stay away from.

If they insist on keeping their last name it's to make the divorce more convenient after they suck you dry and take at half of everything you had.

Feminists are women who think they don't need men and they should not marry or be married.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 69228559

Actually, they're more likely to get half of everything you have if they appear truly invested in the marriage to the point that have happily swallowed up your name :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 69337099
United States
06/07/2015 11:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: John Difool

If he's that easily deballed, he's probably part of the problem.

bump for you.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 59811970
United States
06/07/2015 11:56 AM
Report Abusive Post

Its a complete pain in the ass to change your name period. Its like paying more for dry cleaning and everything else - women get a helping more of inconvenience.

Names are weird things, think about it - you don't get to pick your own - or you can - but again what a boat load of work and trouble going through a change of name.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 69282129

Yep. When I got married long ago, I changed my name to his and it was a pain. So much damn paperwork for every piece of identification you have. When we divorced I didn't bother changing the name back and still kept his name because of the same reason - it's a major pain in the ass to go through a name change. Plus it's just easier having the same name as the kids.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15977994
United States
06/07/2015 11:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
the idea of western feminism is damning to our species. Feminism, true sacred feminism is about balance and harmony. about love, compassion, peace, empathy, basically all traits most feminist completely through out he window in favor of what propaganda tells them they should embody.

True Ancient Egypt was a matriarchy and thrived for tens thousands of years before the ahmen priesthood flipped the culture to patriarchy ways, and changed/hid history to complement it.

Stop bashing feminism, most males need it to rediscover ourselves. our entire society is masculine based, war, hate, fear, logical control. women dont embody the sacred feminine and instead are tricked into embodying masculine, surely not sacred as most men are hiding behind a military or westernized tough guy facade.

Balance is key and we are so manipulated threads like this remind me why it is so hard for so many to open their eyes to their actions and thoughts.

Make a new last name, and let future joining couples carry the name. Men have no respect for women and women have no respect for themselves. the whole military training at the same level is absurd. the whole women in the workforce weeks after birth is insane. all propaganda to distract from our roles in clan/tribe/family... the woman is a nurturer, lover, carrying soul to raise the children right with morals and ethics. We tell women to go serve in the military carry the same weight when your eyes are meant to discern berries in the wild gathering, provide milk and food for the first two years of a childs life, share love.. the male is the ox,the provider, the protector, yet respectful, logical.. Yes some souls want different when coming in, but whatever vessel we incarnate in has a wealth of skills and advantages the other sex doesnt for a reason.. just like our hair we shave off in basic training and most ignorantly do freely.. we are the only species to grow excessive hair from our heads, it is there for intuition, external nerves, to use our other 350+ senses.. yet we cut it off obediently, like slaves and our mindsets show that when we remove our nerves and being to be brain washed to kill, murder, and judge others..

wake up from your petty quarrels!!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 69290774

bsflag
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 37455024
United States
06/07/2015 11:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
I want my name to always match what's on my birth certificate. Saves having to answer personal questions from strangers in government positions when applying for things like drivers license, voter registration, passport, social security. My prior marriage is none of their business.
Ellusion

User ID: 20078838
Canada
06/07/2015 12:00 PM

Report Abusive Post
i just loved my last name and didnt want to change it
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 69081689
United States
06/07/2015 12:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
becuase the sheep will always sheep...bbahahahaha
Petitroche

User ID: 66954576
United States
06/07/2015 12:22 PM

Report Abusive Post
We might as well make it a matriarch society because we've already learned at least 1/2 the children born are not fathered by the claimed father.
Communism is for LOSERS
Communism is SLAVERY

Fuck Joe Biden
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24342120
United States
06/07/2015 12:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
We might as well make it a matriarch society because we've already learned at least 1/2 the children born are not fathered by the claimed father.
 Quoting: Petitroche

I'm all for it.

I'd love nothing more than to go fishing and smoke door all day while my hoe works her ass off.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 64742290
United States
06/07/2015 12:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 57156870

This is as far as I got. Start talking like a man and not a boy.
 Quoting: Dr. Rorschach Watchmen

Perhaps you shouldn't flatter yourself. This boyhood would have you screaming no.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14357099
Canada
06/07/2015 12:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Maybe she liked the name, why be a smith if you already have an awesome name?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 45304639
United Kingdom
06/07/2015 12:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
All names lead to the same road.peace

More or less.
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
06/07/2015 12:50 PM
Report Abusive Post

Its not a matriarch society really.

Id say its still half and half. It would probably be better if it was one or the other.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24620273
United States
06/07/2015 12:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Myasthenia name is Gott. German for God.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 65241186
United States
06/07/2015 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post

Id say its still half and half. It would probably be better if it was one or the other.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 45304639

A matriarch society is a half/half society. It's not the same thing as patriarchy, but with women in charge.

Women can't be free in a patriarchy because men double down on power. They have political power and physical.

In a matriarch society men and women both have political power, it's necessary for freedom of all. They both have a voice in a matriarchial society.

People may not want to change their name because they are used to the one they have. It's easy for men to judge because they are not expected to do this.

It's the hyphenated names I roll my eyes at. Keep your last name, change it, I don't care. Just don't be a Smith-Johnson.
Raven *

User ID: 12825987
United States
06/07/2015 12:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
I kept my last name because I grew up with it and liked the sound of it, not because I'm all feminist. My husband doesn't care, he even joked about changing his name to mine. As long as you aren't harming anyone else, do what ever floats your boat.
Moran for life <3
Ellusion

User ID: 20078838
Canada
06/07/2015 01:02 PM

Report Abusive Post
I kept my last name because I grew up with it and liked the sound of it, not because I'm all feminist. My husband doesn't care, he even joked about changing his name to mine. As long as you aren't harming anyone else, do what ever floats your boat.
 Quoting: Raven *

hf
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
06/07/2015 01:02 PM
Report Abusive Post

A matriarch society is a half/half society. It's not the same thing as patriarchy, but with women in charge.

Women can't be free in a patriarchy because men double down on power. They have political power and physical.

In a matriarch society men and women both have political power, it's necessary for freedom of all. They both have a voice in a matriarchial society.

People may not want to change their name because they are used to the one they have. It's easy for men to judge because they are not expected to do this.

It's the hyphenated names I roll my eyes at. Keep your last name, change it, I don't care. Just don't be a Smith-Johnson.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 65241186

What's wrong with two names put together?

Its absolutely fine since that is what the couple becomes in some cases.

I don't think it will be a matriarch society not for another 100yrs plus.

Mostly due to the fact that men do play on their " power" a lot and they know how to blame women everything very well.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 68924925
Czechia
06/07/2015 01:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
You're right, silly fools
Anonymous Coward
United Kingdom
06/07/2015 01:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 65241186

What's wrong with two names put together?

Its absolutely fine since that is what the couple becomes in some cases.

I don't think it will be a matriarch society not for another 100yrs plus.

Mostly due to the fact that men do play on their " power" a lot and they know how to blame women everything very well.

Sorry correction , I meant to say blame women for everything .

GLP