Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,870 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 336,865
Pageviews Today: 552,699Threads Today: 186Posts Today: 3,300
07:45 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

A friend of mine believes that the Earth is flat. I challenged him to prove it by walking off the edge...

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 72356335
United States
08/08/2019 09:33 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: A friend of mine believes that the Earth is flat. I challenged him to prove it by walking off the edge...
So desperate.

Who hangs around threads were the subject is for retards, using fake air routes and complex trig impossible to verify???

A real piece of shit scum. That’s who!

It knows it’s here purely for deception. I know it too. No sense in conversing with it
Hydra

User ID: 62518367
Germany
08/08/2019 09:46 AM

Report Abusive Post
Re: A friend of mine believes that the Earth is flat. I challenged him to prove it by walking off the edge...
So desperate.

Who hangs around threads were the subject is for retards, using fake air routes and complex trig impossible to verify???

It knows it’s here purely for deception. I know it too. No sense in conversing with it
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72356335

Prove the air routes are fake; will be difficult, since thousands of people fly it every week.

And may be that the trigonometric proof, I asked for, seems to be complex for an imbecile like you; for the average Joe it's just simple trigonometry.

Sorry that you are just a pathetic loser, more ad hominems don't change that.

:ase26122019:
Annular Solar Eclipse - December 26, 2019 - Kannur, Kerala, India
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 72356335
United States
08/08/2019 09:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Lol, like anything this snake says is worth shit.

Didn’t you love the video snake posted “proof” of the flight?

A 3 min, chopped up video

Much like the dipshittery of the 24 hour Antarctic sun video

You’d have to be brain dead to believe this shit. Much like the folks snake panders to
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 74778094
United States
08/08/2019 09:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
The ball Earth is just a mathematical construct, no physical truth of it.

Original ball Earth is a contrived size. It is just 360 degrees times 60 minutes per degree, 21600 units, nautical miles. Then 21600 X 1.15078 miles = 24856.85 circumference, math made the ball Earth

The supposed diameter of the Sun is just how many seconds there are in a day, 86400, the supposed diameter of the Moon is just how many seconds there are in a day, 86400, divided by 40, 2160

What was even worse they tried to put a flat map on the globe and had to distort everything.
The depicted size of the landmasses on the ball Earth Globes are not accurate, people just assume it is.

On the ball Earth miles are longer at the equator miles are shorter and shorter going north and south, results in a distorted land presentation

There being no observable Earth physical curvature rules out concave convex or a ball, has to be something else
AstroshillModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

08/08/2019 10:16 AM

Report Abusive Post
So desperate.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 72356335

Bahahaha! This one flunked trigonometry. And you call us scum? What a miserable failure you are, projecting your own inadequacies on other people.
astrobanner2
AstroshillModerator
Senior Forum Moderator

08/08/2019 10:17 AM

Report Abusive Post
There being no observable Earth physical curvature
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 74778094

Wrong.

Oh, and I just filmed a rocket flying over the curvature of the earth and hitting line of sight to the sun this morning due to earth's curvature. It was spectacular and the footage is going to make you very butthurt.
astrobanner2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77874692
Portugal
08/08/2019 10:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
As expected: bullshit video #51

Distance = 123 miles
Observer height = 63 meters (Point Dume, Malibu)
Target height = 3302 meters (Mt. San Jacinto)

Applying standard refraction 1880 meters of Mt. San Jacinto is hidden and 1422 meters are visible.

The buildings visible in the foreground are from the Marina del Rey at a distance of 31 km. Given the observers height, less then 10 cm are hidden of the buildings.
[link to www.metabunk.org (secure)]

Why do these flat-earth-distance-fuckwits never take atmospheric refraction into account? Is it on purpose, to deliberately deceive the watchers, or is it stupidity?
 Quoting: Hydra

The mountains should not be visible, if the curve were true (your having a functional disconnect here).

But they are, which means, there is no curve. Refraction or not, it would not cause the entire mountain range that would be behind a curve to magically appear over the horizon. Refraction/mirages do not work that way at all.

The only thing visible at that camera altitude if we were on a globe, would be a section of the top of the mountains - but instead we can clearly see it way more than just the peak, ...
 Quoting: Doctor Manhattan

I gave you the link to a correct calculator for calculating what part of an object is hidden and what is visible: [link to www.metabunk.org (secure)]

Only if atmospheric refraction is not taken into account, only a small part of the mountain should be visible.

Unfortunately, for the flattards, atmospheric refraction is real - and applying standard refraction, from the 3302 meter high mountain 1880 meters are hidden and 1422 meters are visible.

And, isn't it funny, that it fits with the numbers (in feet) given in the video at 5:00. [link to www.youtube.com (secure)] (I hope you can convert meters into feet.)

... some of it hidden obviously because of distance and where the sky meets the land horizon line, but at that distance its called convergence and the image gets so tiny it gets compressed visually but nothing drastic like a mirage, and it certainly would not magically lift a mountain over the horizon because were using infared.

Does that gibberish make any sense? No.

I don't get why so many refuse to see that, the end result is better anyway and more logical, God is real. Would you rather God not be real and us a random speck like they want to sell you, because the price ain't worth it.

So your god can only create a pizza earth?

My God can create a complete universe from a single, tiny point. A universe that develops itself into galaxies, stars, planets, ....
You should feel intense shame that you diminish God by claiming, he can only create a pizza-earth.

clappa

Thank you Hydra! I was going to give a very similar answer! You nailed it!
Those brains are so flat and empty that they cannot even see they are doing exactly that, diminishing our Creator.

You just can't fix stupid...
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
08/08/2019 10:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Excellent well thought out response.

Still, the proof bit...........nope, still nothing.
 Quoting: BTBIC 6660082

The proof is so simple any half wit can run the experiment:

All you need is a camera with a sun filter.

1) Take a picture of the sun every hour from sunrise to sunset using the sun filter

2) compare the relative size of the sun on every picture.

You will notice to your amazement that the sun's relative size does not change throughout the day

Consequences:

The relative distance between your camera and the sun throughout the day is always the same.

This means:

->The sun does not move relative to the earth.
->The sun is very far away from the earth
->the earth cannot be a flat pancake
->Only possible shape the earth can be is a rotating globe.
 Quoting: JADR+

That is too much complicated for their little flat brains to compreehend...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77879774
United States
08/08/2019 10:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Lots of friends of mine believe the earth to be a globe.
I challenged them to prove it....THEY CAN'T

:rere23:

Go fall off the edge, Flatty Fuckwit.
 Quoting: blk.coffee

Excellent well thought out response.

Still, the proof bit...........nope, still nothing.

I'm sure you'll understand once you attend second grade this fall.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
08/08/2019 10:55 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why would a person hang around and use complex maths to argue with people it considers “retards”?

That is really one way to find out who is a disinformation shill

Nobody with any sense argues with retards

That makes that person an idiot

Hydra doesn’t think you’re a retard. It’s a tool of propaganda. Hydra is trying to keep stupid people stupid by refuting thinking people using rhetoric and confusing maths mixed with moving goal posts asking for impossible proofs to any laymen

You’re welcome.

You’re better off not responding to it
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 46676488

Ad hominem noted. Any real arguments? No? Thought so.

Oh, and the shill gambit. Yep that's for losers - you lost, flattie.

clappa

If they don't know the math, they shouldnt be here discussing this!! How come they say earth is flat if they don't know simple math, even the basic trigonometry they need to really see the stupidity they believe!...

If they had at least some experience in sailing, without modern navigation instruments, it would be clear for them WE LIVE IN A GLOBE.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 74810463
United States
08/08/2019 10:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here come the sock puppets and reinforcement
BTBIC
User ID: 6660082
United Kingdom
08/08/2019 10:59 AM
Report Abusive Post

I never claimed the earth was flat fuckwit.

You highlight a quote I made

" I do, however, know how water behaves - it always displays a flat surface despite what is underneath it, it can't bend, it can't display convexity of a shape on the surface. This is the experience of every single person alive or indeed everyone whom has ever lived. This common knowledge of how water behaves denies a globular earth. Of course you are freely open to challenge but you must display evidence of said claim. The claim of a globe Earth deny this practical reality."

You deny this?

You: I've made no claims
Also you: I do, however, know how water behaves - it always displays a flat surface despite what is underneath it, it can't bend, it can't display convexity of a shape on the surface. [link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

You claim: Water always displays a flat surface and water can't bend and water can't display convexity.

Three claims - why do you lie?

Btw.: Prove that Water always displays a flat surface and water can't bend and water can't display convexity.
Practical demonstration of the claims made. Simple. No pseudo science.

Taken out of context...
 Quoting: BTBIC 11911557

Taken out of context?
You wrote: I've made no claims - You didn't write: I've made no claims that earth is flat.

You in general said: I've made no claims thus it isn't out of context.

I'll make a claim :- water can't display convexity of a shape upon its surface.........ever. Prove this wrong we'll go from there, prove how intellectually honest you are.

Thank you for admitting that you made the above claim. You know the rules: I don't have to prove anything - the burden of proof is at the claimant.

Prove that water always displays a flat surface, that water can't bend and that water can't display convexity.

I was talking to someone who asked me to prove the earth was flat when I said I made no claims. Now the person I was responding too didn't include posts made elsewhere. That's you manipulating the conversation.....of course I made that claim. Separately. Completely unrelated to the post I responded too.

It's all dancing in circles with you to avoid the statements you hand wave away and the questions you can't answer.

Buh bye Charlatan, I can see right through you.
LHP598

User ID: 77436004
United States
08/08/2019 11:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's very easy to prove flat, Simply hold a straight edge up to the horizon, if it's flat, level, straight = earth flat. See ANY curve, = globe.. She flat folks...
 Quoting: blue leaf 11852964

Exactly as expected with a large globe Earth. Especially as your horizon is a circle the same distance from you in all directions.
If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly. - Danth's Law
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
08/08/2019 11:09 AM
Report Abusive Post

Also you: I do, however, know how water behaves - it always displays a flat surface despite what is underneath it, it can't bend, it can't display convexity of a shape on the surface. [link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

You claim: Water always displays a flat surface and water can't bend and water can't display convexity.

Btw.: Prove that Water always displays a flat surface and water can't bend and water can't display convexity.

Taken out of context...

Taken out of context?
You wrote: I've made no claims - You didn't write: I've made no claims that earth is flat.

I'll make a claim :- water can't display convexity of a shape upon its surface.........ever. Prove this wrong we'll go from there, prove how intellectually honest you are.

Thank you for admitting that you made the above claim. You know the rules: I don't have to prove anything - the burden of proof is at the claimant.

Prove that water always displays a flat surface, that water can't bend and that water can't display convexity.

I was talking to someone who asked me to prove the earth was flat when I said I made no claims. Now the person I was responding too didn't include posts made elsewhere. That's you manipulating the conversation.....of course I made that claim. Separately. Completely unrelated to the post I responded too.

It's all dancing in circles with you to avoid the statements you hand wave away and the questions you can't answer.

You are the one doing exactly that. You and the flatties dumb in math.
Anonymous Coward
Portugal
08/08/2019 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's very easy to prove flat, Simply hold a straight edge up to the horizon, if it's flat, level, straight = earth flat. See ANY curve, = globe.. She flat folks...

Exactly as expected with a large globe Earth. Especially as your horizon is a circle the same distance from you in all directions.
 Quoting: LHP598

Yes.
The little microbes living on a ping pong ball would see it exactly like that, a flat surface.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 76575067
United States
08/08/2019 11:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

Circles are flat. Feel like correcting yourself?

Or are you saying it’s flat from the observer to the horizon?

You’re all over the place. Much like someone who has never stood on a sphere.
LHP598

United States
08/08/2019 11:33 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 76575067

I'm saying your horizon is the same distance from you in all directions. As it is the same distance there should not be a visible curve.
If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly. - Danth's Law
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 74189820
United States
08/08/2019 12:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

I'm saying your horizon is the same distance from you in all directions. As it is the same distance there should not be a visible curve.

I agree with you. However the physical characteristics of a sphere do not.

Nothing is flat on a sphere. Especially one that supposedly curves 8” per mile ^2
Hydra

Germany
08/08/2019 12:27 PM

Report Abusive Post

Taken out of context...

Taken out of context?

Especially if you post the exact same shit, I already responded to, again: [link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

LHP598

United States
08/08/2019 12:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

Nothing is flat on a sphere. Especially one that supposedly curves 8” per mile ^2
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 74189820

When your horizon is the same distance in all directions the horizon will appear flat as the drop is the same in all directions. Not my fault that you can't understand that.

Last Edited by LHP598 on 08/08/2019 01:11 PM
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/08/2019 04:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

When your horizon is the same distance in all directions the horizon will appear flat as the drop is the same in all directions. Not my fault that you can't understand that.

I understand it. You don’t understand the physics of a sphere. “Appear as flat” is ridiculous and if you lived on a ball it would be self evident. Especially one that is spinning at break neck speed

Please, continue in your stupidity - it’s amusing
LHP598

United States
08/08/2019 04:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

I understand it. You don’t understand the physics of a sphere. “Appear as flat” is ridiculous and if you lived on a ball it would be self evident. Especially one that is spinning at break neck speed

No, you don't understand it. And the spin has nothing to do with how it appears. But thanks for the humor!

Last Edited by LHP598 on 08/08/2019 04:40 PM
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/08/2019 04:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

No, you don't understand it. And the spin has nothing to do with how it appears. But thanks for the humor!

Okay, you’re the one who believes in flat spheres. Good luck buddy! You’re spinning right now but not like the way you’re trying to promote.

Why don’t you use a computer program and show us how a sphere horizon looks?

Or do you want me to?
LHP598

United States
08/08/2019 04:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Okay, you’re the one who believes in flat spheres. Good luck buddy! You’re spinning right now but not like the way you’re trying to promote.

Or do you want me to?

trying to put words in my mouth now? Hilarious!

Please show us all how you think it should look. I could use a laugh.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/08/2019 05:57 PM
Report Abusive Post

Or do you want me to?

How I think it should look? It’s a sphere or spheroid, not how I think it should look.

You’re the idiot using a 2-D shape trying to describe how a 3-d horizon should appear.

It’s flat. A sphere would be easily measure on the horizon or you’re not on a sphere. There are no straight lines on a sphere. Everything falls away from the point you stand on. This is basic physics.
Anonymous Coward
United States
08/08/2019 06:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
LHP, thinks he’s so advanced that we can’t conceptualize what he’s saying . He thinks his 360 degree view should be flat on the horizon on a SPHERE!!!

I agree it would be on a plane. But this asshole thinks that our view from 2m, which can see about 4 mi of horizon, would be a level one on a land mass that falls off 8” per mile ^2

What a fool. This same calculation he would use to show ships falling offf the edge and out of view

Yet, 2 ships at the opposite end of this horizon are fine and can see each other because it’s a flat circle.

What a fucking clown acting as an authority on this subject
LHP598

United States
08/08/2019 06:31 PM
Report Abusive Post

Or do you want me to?

How I think it should look? It’s a sphere or spheroid, not how I think it should look.

You’re the idiot using a 2-D shape trying to describe how a 3-d horizon should appear.

It’s flat. A sphere would be easily measure on the horizon or you’re not on a sphere. There are no straight lines on a sphere. Everything falls away from the point you stand on. This is basic physics.

So where is the computer program then?

Yes, everything does fall away from the point you stand on. And from that point, in every direction, the horizon is at the same distance. So that horizon falls away the same amount in every direction. Why should it curve again? If everything is falling away the same amount, how is any part lower than another to show a curve?

Thanks for the humor!

Last Edited by LHP598 on 08/08/2019 06:32 PM
LHP598

United States
08/08/2019 06:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
LHP, thinks he’s so advanced that we can’t conceptualize what he’s saying . He thinks his 360 degree view should be flat on the horizon on a SPHERE!!!

I said the horizon would appear flat. There is a difference.

I agree it would be on a plane. But this asshole thinks that our view from 2m, which can see about 4 mi of horizon, would be a level one on a land mass that falls off 8” per mile ^2

See post above. If every point on the horizon has fallen off the same amount, where are you seeing a curve left to right?

What a fool. This same calculation he would use to show ships falling offf the edge and out of view

Yet, 2 ships at the opposite end of this horizon are fine and can see each other because it’s a flat circle.

And you prove only that you don't understand it.

Still waiting on that computer program.
Hydra

Germany
08/08/2019 06:37 PM

Report Abusive Post

I'm sorry to tell you that LHP is right: you don't get it. May be this image will help: [link to i813.photobucket.com (secure)]

Btw.: LHP is not a flattard.

Anonymous Coward
United States
08/08/2019 06:49 PM
Report Abusive Post

I said the horizon would appear flat. There is a difference.

See post above. If every point on the horizon has fallen off the same amount, where are you seeing a curve left to right?

And you prove only that you don't understand it.

Still waiting on that computer program.

Wow, so we don’t see a left to right curve, just the one that falls off in front of us? What a special sphere and perspective you’ve created!

LHP world - it may look flat but it’s really a ball and it’s spinning too, even though you can’t feel it. Just trust him!

You would be able to measure earth curve on a horizon

There is no denying it. No tricks, nothing. It would be self evident

We don’t live on a ball. There are no straight lines on a ball.

GLP