Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,691 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 142,577
Pageviews Today: 187,015Threads Today: 42Posts Today: 704
01:26 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Covid19/2021-22 OMICRON/ VIRUS "IHU" FRANCE:P13310/NEWEST VIRUS: "NEOCOV" HIGH INFECTION RATE+1 IN 3 DIE !?! P13315

JustLurking1

User ID: 79503431
United States
12/17/2020 11:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Covid19/2021-22 OMICRON/ VIRUS "IHU" FRANCE:P13310/NEWEST VIRUS: "NEOCOV" HIGH INFECTION RATE+1 IN 3 DIE !?! P13315
Study finds that Coronavirus integrates fragments of its genome into the human DNA of the cells of the people it infects. Unclear what effects this may have.

damned
 Quoting: millenniumjackal

Just adding to the ever-growing pile of evidence of what we have known for months: This thing is a bioweapon that escaped from the lab in Wuhan. Now the question (which we likely will never know the answer to), was this accidental or intentional? I still lean toward accidental, but am starting to waver a bit on that.
 Quoting: P-E Georgia Geoprepper

The big question is, what do we do about it, and who do we hold accountable?

Even if the release was accidental, the virus is still likely to be a bio weapon, and China”s carelessness in allowing gain of function research and failure to prevent accidental release can still constitute an act of war.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77560011

We will only know, if we are allowed to find out.

What you can control is and I hate that I'm gonna sound like Uncle Doom but never never catch this virus.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 79324350
United States
12/17/2020 11:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Covid19/2021-22 OMICRON/ VIRUS "IHU" FRANCE:P13310/NEWEST VIRUS: "NEOCOV" HIGH INFECTION RATE+1 IN 3 DIE !?! P13315
An update on California's one day mega dump:

This note has been updated. The previous note included a breakdown of cases reported related to a newly implemented auto processing feature. This was an estimate based on an initial review of the data. Since then, the California Department of Public Health further reviewed and validated the data. As a result, there are a total of 15,337 cases from today's 53,711 positive cases that come from prior days and were processed for reporting today.

[link to covid19.ca.gov (secure)]

So real cases for that day were 38,374 which was a lot more in line with what was seen over the previous few days.

Worldometers has them at a higher point than the CA.gov dashboard, suggesting today may be 43,858 as like in Texas they are usually one day ahead of what the state site reports.

So looks like Cali is still on the way up.
Lago

User ID: 79631477
United States
12/17/2020 11:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
So I guess India is done soon.

India is missing about 90 infections for every Covid case, latest govt analysis shows

Latest analysis by DST panel, that predicted end of Covid pandemic in India in February 2021, finds that about 60 per cent Indians have been infected so far.

..will not see another peak and sticks to the committee’s original projections of February 2021, i.e., the country will see an end of the pandemic with about 20,000 active cases.

[link to theprint.in (secure)]
 Quoting: Guythu

How can they possibly come up with those numbers? Thats about 828 million people infected! Thats more than 11 times the TOTAL worlds counted cases!
Lago
Lago

United States
12/17/2020 11:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
So I have been absent a little bit. Just been hunkered down and fighting off the blues. But! I have good news! I now know a a lot of people with Rona. 3 siblings, 2 coworkers, & neighbors (2) a house over. My wife's bestie is an ER doctor in Jackson, TN and I am quoting from a text he sent her the night before last "its fucking terrible. Just came off a 96 hour shift. We are not saying it to the public but we are rationing care..."

Santa is gaunt, jaundicing and sallow this year. Its a true Dickens Christmas!
 Quoting: Elevatorguy

I can back up that info. My neighbors daughter is a nurse at a hospital in Charlottesville, VA and she said that the hospitals in Tennesee are so full they are transporting patients all the way up there. They can't send any to hospitals in SW VA because all those are full too.

- Jackal

Oh great. Just f'ing dandy. The schools are still open here, all the factories are open even though half the people are out at at least 2 of them. My in-laws are all "I gotta make money, they better not shut down again." This year they want to host at my house and one of them is bringing half a dozen kids. It drives me nuts. They act like the virus is no big deal....
 Quoting: Crazy Chicken Lady

Please tell them NO!
Lago
Dutchy20

User ID: 79233391
Netherlands
12/17/2020 11:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

India is missing about 90 infections for every Covid case, latest govt analysis shows

Latest analysis by DST panel, that predicted end of Covid pandemic in India in February 2021, finds that about 60 per cent Indians have been infected so far.

..will not see another peak and sticks to the committee’s original projections of February 2021, i.e., the country will see an end of the pandemic with about 20,000 active cases.

How can they possibly come up with those numbers? Thats about 828 million people infected! Thats more than 11 times the TOTAL worlds counted cases!
 Quoting: Lago

These estimates tend to get floated from time to time all over the place, it's basically saying that you're through the worst of it already. The most egregious example was that California study where they estimated one county had had 60%+ infected around April.

Most often there is a strong sampling bias in the research done but I'm not going to bother looking into it every time. In the end, even if it's true, real world examples have shown it to be of no consequence in spread and potential future outbreak size. It would be better if they were wrong because it breaks the entire concept of herd immunity.
Vaid
Moniker Shmoniker

User ID: 78336652
United States
12/17/2020 11:43 AM

Report Abusive Post
Damn, looks like I'm getting my "snow day" regardless of the negative test... no sign of letting up out there, already got over a foot on the ground.

verycold
 Quoting: R. Wordsworth

Glad for your good news. Enjoy your snow day!
Lago

United States
12/17/2020 11:44 AM
Report Abusive Post

I believe this is a more accurate version of the chaos of India..... [link to www.nytimes.com (secure)]
Lago
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 63520238
United States
12/17/2020 11:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
The thing about the Thanksgiving surge, is it never made sense.

I've been to a bar only one time since February, got dinner while I was out on a job in Connecticut a couple weeks before Thanksgiving.

There was probably about 30 people in there, maybe 6 or 8 at the bar. Only the waitstaff were wearing masks.

They seated us in a booth right next to another occupied booth.

That shit's been going on in that place since the summer, multiply that by all the bars in the country doing the same shit... how is a one day event gonna even stand out in all that?

I drove past a bar in Massachusetts this week... to my amazement it was still open, I kinda assumed all that shit was shut down but it's just limited to 9:30 PM.

Because more people move around than just people going into local areas they might already be in. It does make sense.
Moniker Shmoniker

User ID: 78336652
United States
12/17/2020 11:50 AM

Report Abusive Post
Crazy vax update where husband works

He said everyone else in his building went outside to cheer and clap for the semi with the vax. Then they headed to go get their shot.

Sounds surreal to me.

He keeps getting messages from all the other committee members how everyone is taking the vax, and he should too. These are grown ups and Drs trying to use peer pressure. Lol & Smh

Last Edited by Moniker Shmoniker on 12/17/2020 11:51 AM
Leaver

User ID: 79770976
United Kingdom
12/17/2020 11:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Study finds that Coronavirus integrates fragments of its genome into the human DNA of the cells of the people it infects. Unclear what effects this may have.

damned

Just adding to the ever-growing pile of evidence of what we have known for months: This thing is a bioweapon that escaped from the lab in Wuhan. Now the question (which we likely will never know the answer to), was this accidental or intentional? I still lean toward accidental, but am starting to waver a bit on that.

Accidental release, but taking advantage of something they couldn't stop.

Last Edited by Leaver on 12/17/2020 11:59 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33659422
United States
12/17/2020 12:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
The thing about the Thanksgiving surge, is it never made sense.

Because more people move around than just people going into local areas they might already be in. It does make sense.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 63520238

Everywhere in the country was bad, it's not like before when only a couple of states had outbreaks.

Also, 50% of the people in that bar were contractors on an outage crew from down south... plenty of moving around.

The girl at the front desk of the hotel said that's pretty much been their only business since spring, both at the hotel and the restaurant next door.

Every night, since summer. All over the country.

What was that post from yesterday, "Infected 5 minutes from 20 feet away"?
Leaver

United Kingdom
Report Abusive Post
Welp, corn-teen is over... my friend's test came back negative.

Don't tell my boss until tomorrow!

5aguns

Glad the luck held.
JustLurking1

User ID: 79503431
United States
Report Abusive Post

He said everyone else in his building went outside to cheer and clap for the semi with the vax. Then they headed to go get their shot.

Sounds surreal to me.

He keeps getting messages from all the other committee members how everyone is taking the vax, and he should too. These are grown ups and Drs trying to use peer pressure. Lol & Smh
 Quoting: Moniker Shmoniker

My psyche nurse bro is in line to get it. He can't wait. Dumb ass is in remission from thyroid cancer.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 79042304
United States
12/17/2020 12:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
There is not enough evidence that vitamin D supplements protect people against Covid-19, an expert panel says.

[link to www.bbc.co.uk (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 79484212
Canada
12/17/2020 12:07 PM
Report Abusive Post

I believe this is a more accurate version of the chaos of India..... [link to www.nytimes.com (secure)]

Wow! That was an interesting read.
It's almost like India wanted to spread it into every nook and cranny of the countryside, using migrant worker trains.
Ingenious!
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/17/2020 12:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf says coronavirus approach 'has failed'

hesright
Serenity Now

User ID: 78311287
United States
12/17/2020 12:12 PM

Report Abusive Post

Wow, that is very cool. I didn't realize it was so many volumes! Like an encyclopedia!

I'm glad to know that was you. I try to keep up with the ACs as best I can. I pegged you as a Research Tard (takes one to know one) back then and recognized it again now that you have a name. hf
 Quoting: Serenity Now

Its people like you in this thread that I look forward to logging in when I can! Researching is a part of my life. You are correct. However, the encyclopedia britannica is 32,640 pages in 32 volumes. [link to www.amazon.com (secure)]

Thank you. I enjoy your comments, too. I was lucky enough to grow up in a house with two sets of encyclopedias, a huge American Dictionary, and access to a wonderful public library.

"I love knowledge. In fact, I yearn for it." (Some kind of karma prize will go to the first person that can identify this quote.) chuckle
 Quoting: Serenity Now

Isn't that from Designing Women? The Charlene character?
 Quoting: Larry D. Croc

Yes! You and Lago both got it! I have to say, I wouldn't have thought you gentlemen would know Designing Women, but it's one of my favorites. I can quote a lot of it. Lol.

I owe two karma prizes!
First tell the truth, then give your opinion....
Leaver

United Kingdom
12/17/2020 12:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
There is not enough evidence that vitamin D supplements protect people against Covid-19, an expert panel says.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 79042304

No amount of studies outweigh observation by working medics.Vitamin D deficiency was noted in many patients.
Leaver

United Kingdom
12/17/2020 12:18 PM
Report Abusive Post

damned

The big question is, what do we do about it, and who do we hold accountable?

Even if the release was accidental, the virus is still likely to be a bio weapon, and China”s carelessness in allowing gain of function research and failure to prevent accidental release can still constitute an act of war.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77560011

That's probably why no one Official) is publicly saying it. Could get really messy.
Dosha

User ID: 77473202
United States
12/17/2020 12:23 PM

Report Abusive Post
Guess it doesn’t take much to strain their system.

Tokyo reports record 822 infections and raises alarm as surge strains hospitals

[link to www.japantimes.co.jp (secure)]

This makes no sense. What are the hospitals capacity like 1000 for the whole of Japan.

Project fear.
 Quoting: AV201

The article is talking about Tokyo's health system, not the whole of Japan, although who knows what's coming.
Dosha
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/17/2020 12:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sweden regretting its failed no-lockdown "herd immunity" approach

Sweden’s PM says the country’s health experts misjudged the resurgence of Covid-19 and should have called for tougher restrictions

Sweden's health experts misjudged the resurgence of Covid-19 and 'didn't see such a wave in front of them', prime minister Stefan Lofven has said.

[link to www.dailymail.co.uk (secure)]

NC-ud0ntsay
Dosha

United States
12/17/2020 12:26 PM

Report Abusive Post

damned

Great, but that explains much. I hope the developers of this POS virus rot in hell.
Dosha
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/17/2020 12:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf says coronavirus approach 'has failed'

From the article:

Sweden is also said to have one of the highest per capita Covid-19 death rates in the world

This is patently false, below is a list of nations in order of deaths per capita.

San Marino
Belgium
Italy
Peru
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Slovenia
North Macedonia
Spain
Andorra
Montenegro
UK
USA
Czechia
Argentina
France
Bulgaria
Mexico
Armenia
Brazil
Chile
Panama
Ecuador
Hungary
Sweden
Serenity Now

United States
12/17/2020 12:27 PM

Report Abusive Post
Damn, looks like I'm getting my "snow day" regardless of the negative test... no sign of letting up out there, already got over a foot on the ground.

verycold

My one-tenth of an inch already melted. Lol. Congrats on the negative test. Hope your friend's second exposure didn't "take" either.
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/17/2020 12:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Cases per capita:

Andorra
Luxembourg
Montenegro
San Marino
French Polynesia
Czechia
Belgium
USA
Bahrain
Armenia
Georgia
Qatar
Slovenia
Aruba
Panama
Switzerland
Croatia
Liechtenstein
French Guiana
Israel
Spain
Lithuania
Netherlands
France
Austria
North Macedonia
Portugal
Sweden
Anonymous Coward
United States
12/17/2020 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
siren2 siren2 siren2

UK: +35,383

69% increase on last Thursday's 20,964

aloneknockoutahhhweirdodramaxxxcite
Dosha

United States
12/17/2020 12:34 PM

Report Abusive Post
Second hospital worker in Alaska hospitalized after severe allergic reaction to Coronavirus vaccine. Person has no previous history of allergies. Incident occurred at the same hospital as the first case that was reported a few days ago.

Bad batch? Improper storage?
 Quoting: Joe Preps

Or this is just the beginning of a lot of these types of things worldwide...

Yep. I feel we have a winner here! But...they are gonna stifle that info as much as possible.
 Quoting: Elevatorguy

Indeed, censoring information seems a favorite activity of those running the show. Just adds to the feeling that this C19 vaccine is not a good thing for folks. Today looking for articles on the increased deaths of the elderly tied to the high dose flu shot that started in 2009 and you really have to dig to get anything about that.
Dosha
sos

User ID: 75319468
United States
12/17/2020 12:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

No amount of studies outweigh observation by working medics.Vitamin D deficiency was noted in many patients.
 Quoting: Leaver

Fauci says he takes 6,000 iu of vitamin D a day ...

Last Edited by sos on 12/17/2020 12:43 PM
darth

User ID: 28178764
United States
12/17/2020 12:35 PM

Report Abusive Post
I am posting simply to let my friends on here know that I am alive and well.

No virus news to report except the Sheeple continue to throng restaurants, bars, and stores in Brazoria County, TX.

I have been out of the thread prepping almost non-stop, organizing, repairing equipment, taking care of livestock, etc.

Over 40 pages to catch up on. Probably will read all when I am hunkered down in my house. No more time for reading the news today.

Back to the barn!
Serenity Now

United States
12/17/2020 12:38 PM

Report Abusive Post

Sounds surreal to me.

Quoting: Moniker Shmoniker

Crazy. Hang in there. :)

GLP