CrsCrpr
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 77120663
United States
06/12/2020 04:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
GAETZ: Disband U.S. Soccer Team If They Boycot The National Anthem
Matt Gaetz: US shouldn't have a national soccer team if players won't stand for national anthem

A Republican congressman suggested the United States dispense with having a national soccer team after the U.S. Soccer Federation voted to repeal a 2017 policy that required players to stand during the national anthem.

U.S. Soccer's board of directors voted on Tuesday, reversing a rule adopted after star midfielder Megan Rapinoe knelt during the national anthem before a match in 2016 in solidarity with former NFL player Colin Kaepernick, who began the controversial protests against police brutality and racial inequality.

[link to www.washingtonexaminer.com (secure)]

Matt Gaetz
@mattgaetz

I’d rather the US not have a soccer team than have a soccer team that won’t stand for the National Anthem.

You shouldn’t get to play under our flag as our national team if you won’t stand when it is raised.

[link to twitter.com (secure)]
II Corinthians 3:17 - Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the spirit of the Lord is, there is Freedom

Your liberties aren't dying; they're being killed by people with names and addresses ...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. -- Thomas Jefferson
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 78970024
United Kingdom
06/12/2020 04:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: GAETZ: Disband U.S. Soccer Team If They Boycot The National Anthem
Totally
CrsCrpr  (OP)

United States
06/12/2020 04:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
Totally
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 78970024

Remember when one wasn't given the privilege of being a professional athlete if they didn't follow the league rules and respect our flag? Can we have those days back?
II Corinthians 3:17 - Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the spirit of the Lord is, there is Freedom

Your liberties aren't dying; they're being killed by people with names and addresses ...

Tyrone Slothrop

User ID: 75810979
United States
06/12/2020 04:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
The national anthem is a lie, and I been sayin' that for years. The last line asks a question and the answer is no. So do the anthem like normal but yell NO ! when it's done.
I've gotten a lot of red for telling the truth and being right. Just sayin'
Q33

User ID: 78698051
Canada
06/12/2020 04:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
The national anthem is a lie, and I been sayin' that for years. The last line asks a question and the answer is no. So do the anthem like normal but yell NO ! when it's done.
 Quoting: Tyrone Slothrop

ur fucking life is a lie you broke ass bitch soy boy!

CrsCrpr  (OP)

United States
06/12/2020 04:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Tyrone Slothrop

… the last line doesn't ask a question though dude!

GLP