Coldest winter (summer) ever in Antartica

A Jackson

User ID: 80925742
United States
10/11/2021 01:38 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Coldest winter (summer) ever in Antartica
Looks like global cooling to me. Sea ice is up too, melting now because it’s spring down there.

[link to nsidc.org (secure)]

[link to nsidc.org (secure)]

“ On the Antarctic continent, the winter of 2021 was among the coldest on record, with the temperature for June, July, and August 3.4 degrees Celsius (6.1 degrees Fahrenheit) lower than the 1981 to 2010 average at -62.9 degrees Celsius (-81.2 degrees Fahrenheit). This is the second coldest winter (June-July-August months) on record, behind only 2004 in the 60-year weather record at Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station. For the polar darkness period, from April through September, the average temperature was -60.9 degrees Celsius (-77.6 degrees Fahrenheit), a record for those months. The unusual cold was attributed to two extended periods of stronger-than-average encircling winds around the continent, which tend to isolate the ice sheet from warmer conditions. A strong upper-atmosphere polar vortex was observed as well, leading to a significant ozone hole. The ozone hole appears to have peaked as of this post, with initial measurements reporting that it is in the upper quartile (top 25 percent) of ozone reduction events since 1979.”

Last Edited by A Jackson on 10/11/2021 01:39 PM
Smoke me a kipper, I’ll be back for breakfast.

If you do not take an interest in the affairs of your government, then you are doomed to live under the rule of fools. — Plato

“AI is kind of a fancy thing, first of all it’s two letters. It means artificial intelligence.” Kamala Harris VPOTUS

GLP