Users Online Now: 1,755 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 419,371
Pageviews Today: 679,544Threads Today: 222Posts Today: 4,159
08:26 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Matt Simmons seems to contradict BP shills re: Gulf gusher... RU prepped? edited
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message "Oil Guru Matthew Simmons: It Could Be 24 Years Before The Deepwater Gusher Ends" ...

Read more: [link to www.businessinsider.com]

and:

"Each day, another way to define worst-case for oil spill ...

By Joel Achenbach
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, June 23, 2010

An enduring feature of the gulf oil spill is that, even when you think you've heard the worst-case scenario, there's always another that's even more dire.

The base-line measures of the crisis have steadily worsened. The estimated flow rate keeps rising. The well is like something deranged, stronger than anyone anticipated. ...

... More trouble: A tropical wave has formed in the Caribbean and could conceivably blow through the gulf.

"We're going to have to evacuate the gulf states," said Matt Simmons, founder of Simmons and Co., an oil investment firm and, since the April 20 blowout, the unflagging source of end-of-the-world predictions. "Can you imagine evacuating 20 million people? . . . This story is 80 times worse than I thought."

The bull market for bad news means that Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen, the government's point man for the crisis, is asked regularly about damage to the well bore, additional leaks and further failures. ...

... Allen repeatedly has acknowledged that there could be significant damage to the well down below the mud line. That's why, he said, the top kill effort last month was stopped: Officials feared that if they continued pumping heavy mud into the well, they would damage the casing and open new channels for hydrocarbons to leak into the rock formation.

"I think that one thing that nobody knows is the condition of the well bore from below the blowout preventer down to the actual oil field itself," Allen said last week. "We don't know if the well bore has been compromised or not."

And by the way, the blowout preventer is leaning, Allen said. ...

Even the most sober analysts are quick to say that this is such an unpredictable well that almost anything is possible. ..."

Read more: [link to www.washingtonpost.com]

"Apologies for the never-ending headline, but Matthew Simmons brought a lot to the table in this 5-minute, Bloomberg clip from earlier this afternoon. If you've been following Simmons, you know he has been right since day one of the spill.

The relief wells will fail because there is no reliable well casing. Do not immediately discount the nuclear option. Simmons is confident we'll learn in August that we really don't have any other choice.

If the well is fractured in multiple spots below the seabed, as is being reported by a variety of sources, then BP's Fantasy Cap is merely for show. Meanwhile , the official daily spill estimate has been raised again. Simmons says it's much higher -- closer to 100,000 barrels per day.

And did I mention the undersea oil lake that now covers 40% of the Gulf of Mexico." +video at link. Sorry I don't know how to put it on here.

Read more: [link to dailybail.com]
lala heck, who cares, I'm gonna BBQ something ...
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP