Users Online Now: 2,057 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 844,134
Pageviews Today: 1,497,448Threads Today: 633Posts Today: 11,122
05:12 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject THE .45 COLT SUCKS!! HERESY?!? LISTEN UP BEFORE YOU BLOW A GASKET.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message The .45 Colt sucks! Heresy? Listen-up before you blow a gasket!

American Handgunner,
March-April, 2005
by Mike Venturino

When our exalted editorship was telling me Smith & Wesson asked what caliber they might consider as a follow-up to the very successful return of the Model 21 .44 Special we unveiled on the cover of Handgunner (Nov/Dec 2004), he said his vote was for the exact same gun but in .45 Colt. I said, "Bah, humbug!" Not exactly the best way to get a raise, but its my version of the truth. (Editor's note: What Duke actually said, with a big sigh, was, "If you had any sense, you'd know what I'm talking about. How'd you ever get to be the editor, anyway?" Just so you know.)

Unless your purpose is to load with black powder or to fulfill a sense of nostalgia, no one with any sense would pick the .45 Colt over the .45 Auto-Rim/.45 ACP for a revolver cartridge. There are the guys who buy the big Rugers and stoke them up with super-stout loads. Hell, the reloading manuals even have special sections on loading the .45 Colt to high pressures especially for Rugers. That's turning the .45 Colt into sort of a .45 Magnum, and not what I mean at all.

Unless your purpose is to load with black powder or to fulfill a sense of nostalgia, no one with any sense would pick the .45 Colt over the .45 Auto-Rim/.45 ACP for a revolver cartridge. There are the guys who buy the big Rugers and stoke them up with super-stout loads. Hell, the reloading manuals even have special sections on loading the .45 Colt to high pressures especially for Rugers. That's turning the .45 Colt into sort of a .45 Magnum, and not what I mean at all.

more at link
[link to findarticles.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP