Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Harry Reids reply
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Dear honorable Senator Harry Reid,

Soon you will vote on S510, the food safety and modernization act. Implore you to vote no on the dangerous bill. This bill will destroy small farmers, and make private gardens hard to do, or even illegal.

You Sir are very aware of these facts. You were voted in again this year. I will fight for the next six years to see you defeated in the next Senate race if you vote yes on this bill.

By the way Harry, I saw you spend MY tax dollars touting the fact that your Reno, UNR Wolf Pack defeated number 4 ranked Boise State. You spent 6 minutes of my tax dollars spewing your gummish to closed ears. I find that appalling.

By the way Harry. Boise State has 24 wins and 1 loss. Boise State has defeated UNR (the wolf pack) 10 times out of 11.

Stick that into your crack pipe and smoke it!

Signed,

Rick………
………..Las Vegas,

Here is his response:

December 2, 2010

Mr.

Dear Mr. :

Thank you for your recent letter on the Food Safety Modernization Act, S.510. The health and safety of Nevadans has always been at the top priorities during my career in the Senate.
Nevadans and families across the nation are fortunate to enjoy one of the safest and most abundant food supplies in the world, but we should make our food even safer. Every year millions of people become seriously ill and may even die from food borne illnesses. Unfortunately, our food and safety laws have not kept pace with changing food production and our current laws are outdated and cumbersome.

On March 3, 2009, Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois introduced the Food Safety Modernization Act (S.510) to modernize and improve food safety under the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The legislation was passed by the Senate with bipartisan support on November 29, 2010 with a 73-25 vote. S.510 creates preventative programs and expands the authority of both the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Food and Drug Administration in order to promote the safety through inspections and recalls of tainted products. The bill requires food manufacturers and distributors to follow new sanitary food practices, increase food inspections, and keep more thorough records tracking food products. The bill also give the FDA the authority to recall tainted foods, rather than relying solely on voluntary recalls from food producers. No one in America should have to worry if the food they put on the table is going to harm them or their families, the Food Safety Modernization Act will continue to make sure we have the safest food supply in the world.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. For more information about my work for Nevada, my role in the United States Senate Leadership, or to subscribe to regular e-mail updates on the issues that interest you, please visit my Web site at [link to reid.senate.gov.] I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,
A
HARRY REID
United States Senator
Nevada

HR:gd
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge