Users Online Now: 1,253 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 175,044
Pageviews Today: 294,754Threads Today: 92Posts Today: 1,798
04:20 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Here's to you Dad, still miss you.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Sixty-six years ago tomorrow my father fought in the Battle of the Bulge. He was wounded and until the day he died he had German shrapnel in his right leg.

He received the Silver Start and Purple Heart for his actions but he never spoke about it. We never knew why he had received a Silver Star nor Purple Heart until after he died.

Here is the write up done why he received the Silver Star and Purple Heart at the ripe old age of 19.

When his company was halted by intense enemy machine gun fire after having advanced a considerable distance into the Siegfried Line. My father directed the fire of a tank destroyer on an enemy pillbox. Although this action somewhat lessened the superiority of enemy fire power, it was still impossible for friendly troops to advance. My father then led three other men toward an enemy machine gun positioned which he had observed. Although the other three men were killed before they could reach the position, he continued alone in the face of intense enemy fire and succeeded in destroying the emplacement, enabling his company to resume its advance.

verysad Thank you Dad for serving our country and for being such a great, loving father. Here is "your" song you would hum when you were REALLY ticked at us. hugs

[link to www.youtube.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP