Users Online Now: 1,522 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 307,087
Pageviews Today: 500,563Threads Today: 166Posts Today: 2,865
07:07 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Dog owners....one of my babies has a torn ACL...anyone experience this? F****k!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message sigh

Anyone that knows me around here knows I'm a hardcore dog mommy.

To make a long story short. Gypsy, my border collie mix...was having snow shenanigans yesterday and came down bad on one of her back legs. She let out one little yelp and proceeded to remain 3 legged gimpy for the night. I gave her some buffered aspirin and cold compresses, yadda yadda.

Fast forward to today. She was still not walking on the affected leg so I took her to the vet. FUCKING TORN ACL. They are recommending surgery. Clearly I am going to get a second opinion with another family vet but shiiiiit.

It's not about the money, I would sell everything I own to care for my furry babies. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if it's really the BEST option.

The vet she saw today is SUCH A DOUCHER that I'm not even sure if it's a partial or full tear. If it turns out to be partial, I was thinking I'd rest her and do some home therapy for a few weeks.

Anyone have experience in this arena? I know there are alot of animal lovers on the forum.

Thx guys... I'm seriously a wreck over this. Lost one of babies 2 years ago and I'm always a mess when something goes wrong ... crying
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP