Users Online Now: 1,748 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 333,621
Pageviews Today: 526,539Threads Today: 171Posts Today: 2,598
06:39 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Millions Disappear! Governments in Chaos!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Dateline (soon): In an unprecedented happening of incredible magnitude, millions of people disappeared yesterday from their homes, schools and everyday activities. These disappearances were not limited to any single geographic location, ethnic group or socio-economic class. In America, the losses were staggering as every type of transportation and industry was affected. Undisclosed officials stated that the losses would have been much worse if the disappearances had not happened during late evening hours. As it was, there was still substantial loss of life as automobiles and buses careened out of control when their drivers were found to no longer be at the wheel. Similarly, a number of “red-eye” airplane flights dropped from the sky when flight crews disappeared from their posts.

At the approximate time of the disappearances (estimated to be at 2:00 a.m. EST), most daily activities had come to a halt and loss of services was not crucial except for those industries that commence and maintain operations during early morning hours such as newspapers, transportation loading, trucking, all night diners and round-the-clock stores.

The same could not be said for Europe, Asia and Australia where disappearances occurred during daylight hours. However, for some unexplained reason, the number of disappearances, while still numerous, were not so large as to cripple ongoing daily activities. A number of automobile and other transportation accidents were reported but the loss of life was deemed to be manageable. Reports issued by key officials in the European Union indicated that governmental services should resume shortly; the public at large was asked to remain calm.

Several unnamed governmental sources stated that contrary to assertions being made by so-called “right-wing religious fanatics”, these disappearances had a rational explanation that would be released very shortly. Certain well-placed individuals at the United Nations asserted that these disappearances could be tied to recent military arms development that had been taking place not only in the United States but also Russia, China and the European Union. These same individuals believed that a world-wide outcry would soon take place demanding that any and all armaments of every kind and nature whatsoever, including everything from personal weaponry to weapons of mass destruction (WMD), be placed under the auspices of the United Nations. One senior U. N. official stated that:

“We have known for a long time that certain imperialistic countries such as the United States have been working on weapons that could basically incinerate human flesh leaving no trace of a person’s existence. These weapons can essentially use a person’s DNA against them by ripping each cell apart and dissipating it into the atmosphere. The primary purpose of these weapons is to remove any trace of the human element while leaving infrastructure such as roads, bridges, buildings and industrial assets intact. With the United States leading the way in the development of these monstrous weapons, it is only fitting that America pay the greatest price and suffer the greatest loss of life.

It has been common conjecture amongst other nations that the invasion of Afghanistan and then Iraq by the United States was merely a right-wing political ploy to seize oil reserves in the Middle East and to position America militarily so that it could dominate world-wide energy markets. The United States has recognized the threat of the growing Chinese economic base and rather than compete fairly in open markets, the United States chose to assert its military influence while it still could. With the disappearance of senior political officials, including the President and Vice President, it now appears that this policy has been short-circuited and justice has finally been served.”

In light of these disappearances, it was suggested by these same officials that the time had come for all of mankind to come together and resolve global differences. “We no longer have the luxury of thinking of ourselves as belonging to a particular country or ethnic group. Nationalism no longer has a place in our civilized world. We must pool our resources and work together for the common good,” said a senior political consultant for the United Nations. He believed that an official statement would be issued by the appropriate authorities within the Security Council shortly. He also believed that this official statement would call upon all nations to surrender their sovereignty to the United Nations where each nation state would be represented and could therefore, work together in averting further calamity, administering aid and enforcing martial law until global stability could be realized.

In another surprising development, a mid-level official designated by the European Union will address the full membership of the United Nations next week. Some believe that this address will now be modified to deal with the global disappearances that took place yesterday and the outlook for a new global community and the increased role of the United Nations.

Section A, Page 2: Congressional Response Swift to Disappearances

Remaining Congressional leaders spoke early this morning to representatives of the major news outlets in a hastily called news conference. One prominent Senator stated:

“From what we can tell, we have lost about fifty percent of our membership to these disappearances. Additionally, several members of the President’s Cabinet and his Joint Chiefs of Staff cannot be found. While we believe that these disappearances have a perfectly reasonable explanation, we still want to take every precaution. We also want to assure the American people that the government will transition through these times and will continue to function. Everyone should remain calm and let us do our jobs. We anticipate that the Congress will meet in emergency session until such time as we have drafted a plan for dealing with this crisis. In the meantime, we welcome the input and possible intervention of the United Nations in helping us through this difficulty.”

Another Representative from the State of New York commented on speculation that these disappearances were somehow related to divine intervention. In an early morning meeting, he said, “Speculation of this kind is not just counterproductive but actually harmful. I really do not put much credence into these types of comments. If this were true, I daresay ninety percent of Americans would not be here today. Everyone knows that most Americans are basically good people. We are the ones who have always stepped in to help others in times of trouble. If God was going to take the good people, then many of us who remain would not be here. I therefore reject this explanation for these disappearances.”

Another Senator who did not wish to be identified and spoke under condition of anonymity stated, “I am actually quite concerned about these developments. I have not been able to reach certain members of my own family and these family members were always considered to be a little different because of their religious beliefs.”

One high-ranking public official observed, “Most of those who have disappeared were people who stood in the way of a more progressive political agenda. It looks like these are the same people who wanted to set women’s rights back by banning abortion, who thought that we should support so-called “faith based initiatives” with tax dollars, who did not believe in tolerance and diversity and who led us into a war that we did not need. It is clear that we should have pursued diplomatic efforts in dealing with our Muslim neighbors; we offended them by influencing their nation’s policies and effectively occupied them to our own advantage. If there is a God, not that I believe there is, then he would certainly be justified in removing these people from our planet.” This viewpoint was echoed by many other staffers on Capitol Hill. One, in fact, stated, “We should look on this as an opportunity and not a tragedy. We can now move forward with a progressive, moderate agenda without interference from right-wing fringe groups and religious fanatics.”

Section C, Page 9: Fanatics Claim Disappearances to be Supernatural

Reaction to yesterday’s disappearances came swiftly from individuals claiming that the disappearances were caused by supernatural or “other worldly” encounters. One individual who declined to be named stated, “I heard that this might happen sometime but I never put much stock in it. My sister claimed that Jesus was going to come again and take his people home with him. I haven’t been able to get a hold of my sister since yesterday but I just know that can’t be the case. I’ve been a church-goer for the last year and I’m still here. I mean, wouldn’t I be gone too if that were the case?”

Another claimed that the disappearances were tied to direct intervention by extra-terrestrial life forms. He stated, “With the rise in UFO sightings lately, it only makes sense that they might come and take a bunch of people. We’ve been seeing it for years but the government’s been covering it up ever since that Roswell incident. No sir, this doesn’t surprise me at all.”

Local officials declined comment stating only that the people claiming that the disappearances were tied to UFO sightings or the appearance of Jesus were at best, misinformed, and at worst, mentally unbalanced. These officials indicated that they would await word from Federal authorities before making any official statement on the disappearances.

Fairy Tale or Prophecy?

At first blush it certainly seems like a fairy tale, doesn’t it? Millions of people disappear in an instant leaving a very large segment of the earth’s population intact. Many people think that it makes for a fanciful tale but it could never happen. There is no historical record of anything like this happening before. We have absolutely no demonstrable evidence that such a thing could occur. Am I right?

It is true that we have no record of such a happening but that doesn’t mean that it will never happen. Quite to the contrary, it is predicted and everyone is staking not just their lives, but their eternal existence on the answer to this question. In the Olivet Discourse, Jesus stated:

36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left. Matt 24:36-41 (NIV)

From a historical perspective, it is interesting to note what Jesus had to say just before He predicted the rapture or “snatching away.” He foresaw the destruction of the Temple by the Roman Empire in AD 70. What He predicted literally came to pass; the Temple was destroyed and not one stone was left upon another. The reason this happened was that the Temple was sacked and burned and gold melted and ran into the spaces between the blocks of stone. Those stones were dissembled in order to remove the gold.

24:1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 "Do you see all these things?" he asked. "I tell you the truth, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down." Matt. 24:1-2 (NIV)

The bottom line is that this prophecy came to pass just as did all the other prophecies contained within the Bible including numerous predictions about the birth, life and death of Jesus. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that this prediction will also be fulfilled in the future.

The disciples next posed the question concerning the end of the age. Jesus had been clear saying that no one, except the Father, knew when the exact time would be but there would be signs of His coming.

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?" 4 Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ´I am the Christ,´ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains. 9 "Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. Matt. 24:3-14 (NIV)

We know that the earth, throughout its history, has experienced false messiahs, war, famine, earthquakes and wickedness. However, it seems that these events intensified over the last century. For the first time in recorded history, we had world wars. Earthquakes swarm resulting in widespread destruction and loss of life; false messiahs abound; famine persists despite our technological advances; wickedness runs rampant; and apathy thrives.

Jesus also said that the love of most would grow cold and that the gospel would be preached to the whole world. With these things, the end of the (church) age would come.

Following his prediction, Jesus admonished his disciples to be vigilant. It is important to remain ready because Jesus is going to come again when it is least expected.

42 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. Matt. 24:42-44 (NIV)

I suspect that if you asked most Christians if they thought Jesus was coming today, the answer you would get would be “no.” Everybody seems to have their own plan or agenda but God has His timeline. It is important to live with anticipation, with the expectation that Jesus is going to come again. We do not know the time but we do know the season.

32 "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. Matt. 24:32-34 (NIV)

I know a number of people who would not think of gambling on anything for any amount of money. Yet, they are willing to stake their eternal existence on a bet. The bet is that God will think that they are good enough to be let into His kingdom or better yet, that God is a fiction. These people would not even consider a speculative investment but they refuse to invest in the only endeavor that will pay an eternal reward. They have heard the truth and they even know the price, but they refuse to respond.

I awake with the anticipation each day that it may be my last. I want to experience the Rapture of the saints. I want to leave this world behind. I want to go home with my wife and children, my other family members and my friends. I want to see those who have gone on before me.

I also know that many people will not respond to God’s call unless something truly startling and miraculous happens. That is why I pray each day for the Rapture. My prayer each day is, “Lord Jesus, please come.” Thist is the only way that many will finally come to Christ. They will suffer through the Tribulation and most of them will die, but it will be worth it. I will take the eternal over the temporal any time. Wouldn’t you?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP