Users Online Now: 1,840 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 797,734
Pageviews Today: 1,472,725Threads Today: 701Posts Today: 12,284
04:29 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Powerful addictive additives, and their apparent effect on me.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I've never been much of a soda drinker. Occasionally (maybe a couple times a week max,) I'd have a pop or two at a restaurant because I'll be damned if I'm going to pay over two dollars for a non-refillable glass of milk.

I decided last month to cut out carbonated beverages like pop cold turkey. I didn't think it'd be an issue considering I didn't consume much of it to begin with. It was fine at first, though occasionally I'd feel like a glass of Pepsi or something. I don't think that's so rare.

But tonight, I was picking up pizza for the office. They messed up the order, so I had to wait in the lobby until they finished. The clerk came out and offered me a fountain drink. I said no thank you.

However, I quickly started second guessing myself. I looked at the pop machine, and I REALLY wanted a pop. I don't just mean "I'd like a soda." I really wanted one. Even the Pepsi logo on the pop machine seemed enticing.

Keep in mind, I don't have an addictive personality. I don't care for alcohol, I don't smoke... I don't eat fast food. But for a moment, and even on the drive back to work I desperately wanted a soda. I even developed a headache, which I couldn't explain.

Luckily I drank some raspberry Ice tea I had brought from home and the craving subsided. But still, it made me ponder what could possibly draw such a reaction out of me. I haven't felt that sort of feeling over anything else that I can recall. It really makes me wonder what kind of shit they put in it.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP