Users Online Now: 2,061 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 967,073
Pageviews Today: 1,604,894Threads Today: 645Posts Today: 10,655
04:32 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject U.S. electric grid infrastructure "aging" - Foreshadow of future crisis?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I was browsing an article on Yahoo news about the 1.3 million still without power from Friday's storms and a comment from one of those in "the know" struck me strangely.

"It's a system that from an infrastructure point of view is beginning to age, has been aging," said Gregory Reed, a professor of electric power engineering at the University of Pittsburgh. "We haven't expanded and modernized the bulk of the transmission and distribution network."

Does this quote indicate to anyone else a larger and more looming problem in the future without solid plans to fix it?

Whole article:
[link to news.yahoo.com]

Folks should really see how a major outage can happen anytime, anyplace, and take proper precautions such as store some water. I keep seeing how water was the biggest challenge in this event, especially since so many in the midwest are on electrically-powered water well pumps.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP