Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I miss you ____ you'd be 50 now if not for a drunk driver
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I miss you ____ you'd be 50 now if not for a drunk driver

I'm not angry with him anymore. Time hasn't dimmed my anger for what happened, but I no longer hate him.

He'd been drinking that Summer night. Who knows why? Maybe he was celebrating a new job, or the birth of a child. Maybe he was really sad and busted up. I don't know why he'd kept drinking long past the point of normality.

He was so intoxicated that he driving the wrong way down the opposite side of a highway. He must have been completely in a stupor.

Maybe he wasn't a bad guy. He died in the crash too. We will never know.

I do know who you were. Bright as the Sun. Innocence incarnate. You were perpetual joy to my gloominess and doubt. Self-assured, but never boastful. Tender and strong and passionate. Forgiving in a way that emulated Christ. Kind to everyone. I'd never heard a single voice that had criticized you. No one could bear to, you were such a delight to be around. We were warmed by your fire and spirit.

Maybe he had friends too. Maybe they kept buying rounds that night to celebrate with him. When a party gets going, no one want to be the wet blanket and snuff it out.

They snuffed out your life that night. All the promise that was inside you. Your gentle dreams and desires. The good work that you might have done. Everything that was inside you, extinguished.

Had one person taken away his keys, refused to serve him another drink, called him a cab, drove him home, a million ways to stop him, but no one wanted to say no...enough...stop...

So you're dead and I'm still here, but I've felt some part of me was dead since that night when everything should have been celebration and passing milestones and Hope.

There were people who were supposed to love you. People who had cared for you all of your life. Maybe you were supposed to marry one of them. Had children and watched them grow up.

You'd be 50 now, and probably a grandmother. I bet you'd still be as beautiful and inspire me.

I don't have to close my eyes to imagine you. I've thought of you every day. You were perfect and the standard by which all others are measured.

I hope I get to see you again. That's my idea of Heaven.

You'll be easy to find. I'll look for the brightest light there, and keep walking until I can look into your eyes again.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP