Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Prepper Diabetics Find Help Here
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hey,

A lot of people are preppers, but then they have major planning issues, because someone in their family has the milder Type 2 Diabetes, or the serious adolescent Type 1 Diabetes, or the later very serious adult Type 1 Diabetes with circulation issues.

I'm not diabetic, but I do know about it somewhat. I made many posts in the link in my sig. I think you'll find tons of ideas about alternative ways to manage some of your blood sugar problems in that topic. Practical ones either from supplies or by locating meadow herbs to help treat it somewhat. I discuss growing bitter melon, something you may not have heard of, easy to grow, and it way cuts down on blood sugar levels safely. It has a strong taste, but some people like it.

Using the search function, you might be able to go through all the posts. There's a ton of them on health issues as well as foraging.

A major issue is refrigeration post-collapse. I illustrated every known way that I could find, all easy to make, although a spring house requires more work, plus the local availability of a spring on your property.

One idea is very little known and actually allows you to produce ice in small amounts, using common devices and can be made cheaply. It uses a manual vacuum pump to force a state change in water which result first in boiling but as the steam comes off, results in ice formation. The steam is dried through a tube of Zeolite and then once in a dorm refrigerator (the tiny ones) you can maintain a very low temp to store your insulin. It sounds complicated, but it really isn't. Plus there's videos at the link showing each aspect of it.

I also discuss issues like checking for good circulation to prevent issues in your feet.

I'd like to help y'all. I'm not selling anything, just trying to teach some folks some new ideas because my mentors taught me. It's a way of paying them back.

You have some of the most challenging issues for preppers. There's no way to make insulin, but if a situation was short, before some order could be restored, then using my techniques could help you last awhile.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP