Users Online Now: 1,571 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 329,125
Pageviews Today: 538,612Threads Today: 180Posts Today: 3,182
07:35 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Checkout these pics of my new computer! I've never built one before, but it sure looks neat.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Was on GLP so much one day, about 2 weeks ago, my computer of 6 years was no longer operable. What I deemed a dead CPU, but could potentially any number of things. I decided that I was going to buy a new one! I also wanted to save money. I have setup servers in technical classes, but I've never built a whole system from scratch.

I found this video, after doing a bit of my own research on builds out there.

This was exactly what I was looking for! My old PC may have crapped out, but I still had 2 hard drives, and a graphics card! I took it as an opportunity to save money.

The case was on sale for forty bucks, and it's a very nice big case. For the PSU instead of the CX430 I went with the CX600. Simply because I needed the extra PEG connector(2 for the graphics card), and since the case has so many HDD slots the extra SATA power connectors are great! I also grabbed 2 x 4 gbs of RAM instead of the suggested 2 x 2 in the video.

I left out a few bits like the optical drive, and a wifi adapter. So all I got was just the APU, MOBO, RAM, PSU, and the white NZXT Source 210 case!

When It got here I had already watched enough videos to not have to hesitate or look anything up. I was done very swiftly. Got it in the case, and it looked beautiful!

junecomp0

I'm not all that wealthy, and I don't have any friends. It's safe to say I've actually never seen a computer that was this high end.

It's not the latest, but nothing stays the latest for long anyhow. I bought at what I saw as an opportune time, I filled my needs perfectly, and saved money!

What do you all think?!

junecomp1

The white case is really my favorite part. Who wants a boring old black computer anyway?

junecomp2
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP