Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Two Witnesses of Revelation 11.3 and the Branch
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have never posted a thread before and am frankly very nervous to do so, however, I feel inspired to post this, therefore I choose to comply happily.

I have seen many people being misdirected as to what the "Branch" is in Scripture, both on GLP and around the internet, thus, I feel the need to articulate the truth, in accordance with Scripture, the best I can.

Many people and scholars argue that the "Branch" is the Messiah, however this is a grave error. Despite what Jesus says in John 15:1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman." And, what He says in John 15:5 "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.", many people have been leading others to believe that Jesus Christ was simply a Branch. Please pray about this and check Scripture.

In order to understand the significance of this misinterpretation, it is necessary to consult Isaiah 11:1: "And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots. And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord. And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears. But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins."

You see, Jesus Christ is the rod out of the stem of Jesse, whereas the Branch is the servant of God who is foretold in Zech 6:12-13:

"And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD: Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both."

Branch is a certain servant of God, namely the man child in Rev 12:5, for he grows out of the roots of the rod (Jesus Christ), which means that he comes after the the true apostolic church has been ruined by the Antichrist (those many false teachers (2 John 7). Only the roots of the church are left, from where he comes, i.e the uncorrupted words of Holy Scripture.

May God Bless you,
RockyMtnLady
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP