Users Online Now: 2,018 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 701,658
Pageviews Today: 1,231,787Threads Today: 528Posts Today: 8,850
02:36 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Anyone else eating less wheat these days? Let's share recipes & substitutions
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Over the past six months or a year, I seem to have developed an inability to digest wheat. When I eat bread, pasta or crackers I have difficulty with bloating and pains in my gut.

So, I laid off the bread and pasta. Pasta was such a nice cheap easy cop out though when you are tired and need to fix dinner after a long day, or when you are broke.

I love red sauces too and loved to make a quick one up and then have it for leftovers too.

I came up with the idea of having the red sauce over green beans instead of pasta, and it's working out pretty well as a cheap easy substitute for noodles.

This is how I fixed it for dinner tonight, I had a red pepper and a green pepper, I cut them up small and sauteed them in olive oil. I added some basil and some italian blend herbs. I would have added garlic but I was out. When the peppers were tender I added a large can of crushed tomatoes.

I steamed some frozen whole baby green beans (plain cut ones work just as well). I had the red sauce over them with lots of parmesan cheese. It was really good. I do like my own cooking.

I stopped eating toast for breakfast and started having protien shakes instead. I've been doing that for a while now, I use a whey protien in rice milk or almond milk. Sometimes I use coconut milk and sometimes I add yogurt. I stopped buying bananas because I was getting bad problems with fruit flies in the house. It's not worth it for me.

I would like to hear from others with this boring problem of difficulty digesting wheat. I am sure I seem like some boring old lady with these stupid digestive problems. But, staying away from the stuff seems to be working. Honestly it causes me so much difficulty that I'm afraid to eat it. Dull I know.

Anyone have any clever new recipes they've come up with to deal with the inconvenience? good thing i LOVE rice crackers . . .!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP