Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Old Soul?? Walk In?? Holy Crap! **Update** Page 2
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message As many of you all know, I'm a huge fan of Opera. I fell in love with Maria Callas' angelic voice when I was little. She was born in 1923 and passed away in 1977.

Here is Maria singing "Ava Maria". You don't have to listen to the whole thing, but you need to hear a bit of it for a comparison.

[link to www.youtube.com]

Now. Listen to this little girl sing "O Mio Babbino Caro". Amira Willighagen is from Nijmegen, The Netherlands and is nine years old.

[link to www.youtube.com]

Uitstekend! I'm just...

The child's demeanor is more mature and humble than most adults I know. I don't know where her knowledge of singing comes from, but she didn't get it from a professional who has trained their voice for years and years. Everything about this child is magical. Old soul? Walk in? I mean. What the heck? How does a voice like that come out of a child that small? She has skill that takes most opera singers years to master.

I can post the full version of the little girl's performance w/English subtitles if anyone is interested. Wow.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP