Users Online Now: 2,340 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 603,964
Pageviews Today: 1,018,596Threads Today: 340Posts Today: 6,367
11:46 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject help me out GLP - give me your honest opinion about this family squabble
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I think my sister is crazy but maybe I'm the one who's nuts... long story short we went to visit other family a few weeks ago and she was there (I usually try to avoid her)

She was the only adult in the room when her teenage daughter and another cousin started joking about things my son is very sensitive about and he started crying. My anger was not necessarily in what was said knowing he was very emotional in general and might have just been too thin skinned but that no one cared he was hurt by WHATEVER happened. Instead of apologizing everyone (including the adult) started defending themselves and still showed no concern.

I called my sister out on it and it got very ugly. 10 minutes later her complete bitch of a daughter comes in and nastily says "I guess I'm supposed to apologize to you about some dead guy or something" and that was the last straw.

I packed up my stuff and left on a 2 day drive the next morning (a week early). I called my husband from the road and, crying, explained some of it. He then fired off this email and right after is her response... FYI - I just found out today because he didn't want me to know how she responded but my mom asked me about it, so apparently she's been talking a storm up...

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Ted wrote:

Clare,

Juliet told me this morning that you made Nicolas cry while making fun of the friend from our neighborhood who died in a motorcycle accident last weekend for riding without a helmet and having a funny name. That really made me dissapointed in you, I thought you had more integrity than that.  Nicolas is just a boy, even though his physical appearance is more like that of a young man. I think sometimes people forget that and just see the outside.

As you know, the while family has had a rough time this month between having to put our beloved Ringo down, my job concerns and company layoffs and now this unexpected tragedy that hits so close to home.  And now I hear you are angry that Juliet called you out on it and screamed at her.   I'll pray for you that God will open your heart and fill you with His love. That you will be forgiven and free forever.

Take care,
Ted

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Clare wrote:

Dear Ted --

If you believe everything you hear, you are truly foolish. Your absence from the situation attributes to your complete lack of perspective, and yet your subsequent judgement speak volumes.

You and I do not have a relationship that would warrant this kind of communication. I presume you sent this to me to have some effect which eludes me, and honestly makes me question your intentions, not to mention your grasp on reality.

Please keep your opinions to yourself in the future as I have no interest or investment in your opinion of me or your skewed and vapid communications.

I truly hope that your family gets the help it so desperately needs.

Sincerely -
Clare

Tell me what you think GLP...
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP