Users Online Now: 1,580 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 58,682
Pageviews Today: 123,670Threads Today: 74Posts Today: 1,021
01:17 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Emotional & Psychological "Prepping"?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message The Proverbist warns us saying, "Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life".

When I watch these post apocalyptic films or television series' such as the Walking Dead, I think to myself how might people REALLY react to such horrifying scenarios as the characters have to endure.

Perhaps that's a bad example because only the furthest reaches of the lunatic fringe actually believe there will be a full on "Zombie Apocalypse", but lets tone it down just a couple notches.

What about losing someone you love tremendously to starvation, to war, to disease, to acts of terror or to vandals and looters?

What about suffering the loss of a child? A parent? A spouse?

What about going days on end with nothing to eat and scarcely any clean water to drink, having to ration what little you have with your family to make sure that those who need it the most have their fill?

How will you handle the long stretches of time apart from your family and loved ones during times of war? Trips out scavenging for supplies, food or medication?

What of betrayal, being turned on by your closest friends? Hunted? Chased?

We see these kinds of situations all the time in the movies, which we say is predictive programming, and despite a few harrowing moments from these great actors and actresses, we see them remain calm, level headed, stoic, brave and strong.

How many of us could really be the same way?

So many people, myself included, fall apart at the seems over something as trivial as a break-up. We tend to become so overwrought with worries, fears, anxieties and doubts that we become almost crippled and oft result to catastrophic and self-destructive behaviors.

If we fall to pieces over things so small, how will we keep it together when real crises come our way?

Speaking for myself I'll be the first to admit how emotionally frail I really am. I'm not psychologically equipped to handle any SHTF scenarios.

This brings me to my point.

We talk all the time of prepping, physical training, etc.

Dare we neglect emotional stoicism and psychological training for when doomsday finally arrives on our doorstep?

What do you all think? What might we do now to prepare for the bitter and utterly dark days ahead?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP