Users Online Now: 1,680 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 167,974
Pageviews Today: 218,623Threads Today: 50Posts Today: 799
01:40 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Well GLP You did it! You helped me win my court case where my neighbor killed my dog with intent.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message We won the court case, settled with a plea-bargain we were happy with, so it will not be public record.

Thanks in part to some very good brainstorming, GLP (and some darn good members who took the time to help) came up with a simple solution that the prosecution latch on to. GLP's Idea:We need to make the case about keeping the neighborhood safe for the 12+ children under 7 years old who play on the street and in the city park across from my house, not about my dog who was killed. We were seconds away from dismissal, but the argument was valid and after that it almost went to trial. Judge told the lady if it goes to trial and she lost the case all her dogs would be put down that same day. So she took the plea-bargain.

She got 6 months jail with a suspended sentence. Owes me the 1200+ in vets bills, has to file her two outside dogs as dangerous. Has to carry extra insurance on them. Has to comply with a state mandated secure fence in the next 6 months (not cheap). If she gets caught letting her dogs out again in the next two+ years she will serve that 6 months in jail and they will kill all the dogs. If she does not comply with the court order in the next 6 months she will go to jail.

I’ll do a quick summary for those who don’t remember the whole thing.

My dog got loose, wife was chasing him. The dog has a cat bell on, neighbor heard the cat bell and opened the front door and sicked her dogs on my wife and the 7lb dog. Wife was ok, but the dogs as a pack tore the dog from her arms and ripped him to shreds. The drunk slosh neighbor was laughing the whole time, never tried to stop the dogs. They bit our little guy till he did not move, he was paralyzed and took three days to die. This was not the first time they had attack but I had to make sure it was the very last time. We called the cops knowing we were going to get a ticket for no leash, but had to get the entire thing documented so it was done once and for all.

One last thing that really helped was she lied multiple times in court. Just weird lies, odd stuff. Judge was not amused with the entire thing.

This was the thread where we found the little guy who changed our lives. Thread: I need GLPs help on a “lost dog” in my possession UPDATED pic on page 2

Then this was when the attack happened. When the bitch let her 3 80LB untrained pit/rot mix dogs out without collars/tag/shots thinking she was just killing another cat in the neighborhood when instead it was my wife with her dog. Thread: my face is torn open, my dog might be dead.(he passed at 1:52 EST 7/26/15 in my wifes arms) Thank you ALL for the support.

R.I.P. LBD, not in vain.

LBDhehe
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP