Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Had to put down my Bubba-cat today
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Adopted him 4.5 years ago from the shelter at 8 years old. His name was Aspen, but I called him Bubba-cat half the time. We've been through diabetes and insulin shots 2 years ago but he went in to full remission.

Just this February I took him to the vets as he was losing weight. He was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. He took the meds in pill pockets great for the first 2 months, the last three weeks just refusing (no matter what we tried to hide them in).

I'd taken today off (thankfully). Woke up at 7:30 am to see him breathing hard and heavy, had him to the vets by 8:30 and was home by 9:30 without him. It all happened so fast, even though we knew it was eventual.

My Mr. Wonderful is away in NY on a trip with his brother so had to do this on my own. I actually am OK with being alone right now. Numb as hell though.

Aspen, Christmas 2012 with his crinkle toy presents.

Rest easy, bubba-cat.

red_heart

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]

Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP