Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject New Credit Card Scam Warning!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I went to the local pool store yesterday. When I went to check out the new clerk told me that the credit card terminal was not working and that he would have to call it in for approval.

Then he told me to go ahead and swipe my card, which I thought strange since it was not supposed to be working. He then asked for my card and called someplace (probably his own voice mail) and read off all my card information and said OK its approved and he asked me to sign the supposedly broken credit card terminal.

The next morning I had all sorts of fraud alerts from my bank and someone had charged up over $1300 in fraudulent orders: $860 for a "designer backpack" at Nordstroms and $450 at Walmart.

If a checkout clerk says they have to call it in while still using the credit card terminal, run, don't walk away.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP