Users Online Now: 2,217 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 602,857
Pageviews Today: 1,044,724Threads Today: 433Posts Today: 7,324
12:46 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Help Needed. Sick cats at home....
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I hope someone can shed some light for me.

I have spent close to $500 in the past 2 weeks on my cats. $500 - in the two weeks leading up to Christmas - yeah this has been fun. They are all sick, like with the flu or something. Lots of sneezing, some coughing, all have temps.

I took the sickest one to the vet 2 weeks ago, he hadn't been eating and I could see he had lost weight. He had a fever, which shocked me as I didn't realize he was all that sick, other than lack of appetite and weight.

Well, he tested him for leukemia - at my urging (since the symptoms seemed to point that way - gave him an antibiotic when the test came back negative for leuk. Also gave a steroid, and said come back in two weeks.

So in the meantime, ALL the rest of my cats got sick (sneezing, fever, etc.). So today, 3 cats went to the vet....including the one from two weeks ago - and - HE STILL HAD A FEVER!!! AND LOST MORE WEIGHT!!! Not getting better, apparently.

WTF.

I'm at a loss here. I mean, I GUESS the next step is blood tests to determine exactly what they all got sick from (since ONE of them apparently infected everyone else), but I really don't have THAT much money. The past 2 weeks has cost $500 and it's NOT been fun, given it's Christmas and all.

Anybody have any ideas what might be wrong with my fur babies? Anybody experienced this? Could it be that they've all just gotten the same strain of a "cold" or flu or some kind of thing? BTW - they are all indoor cats, and never go outside.

** One last thing - if you're going to post some stupid shit like, "just kill them all and freeze the carcasses to eat later," or something similarly inane, I swear I will ban you. I'm not in the mood for stupid jokes about cats. I love my cats, AND I don't want them to suffer with some kind of illness, and I'm worried they'll just get worse until this is figured out.

Thanks for any input from other cat lovers!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP