Users Online Now: 2,169 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,064,783
Pageviews Today: 1,917,942Threads Today: 837Posts Today: 14,729
09:40 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I am asking for help from anyone that knows about buying domain name & building a website? General questions.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I need to register a domain name for my company and build a website (have it built). Here are some general questions I have:

1) What is the best domain register website to go through without over paying or being taken advantage of my limited knowledge in this area?

2) I need a minimal website built (logo & contact info) until I can pay for a professional site to be built. What is the best company for registering & site building service without over paying?

3) What is "web hosting"? All I need is a generic "under construction" type of site built, so when I purchase a domain name through a company, are they hosting my website? Or when it says "web hosting package" does that mean that I could be a web host? (which I don't need)

4) Once I buy the domain name and have the website built, can I hire someone else to custom build my website through the company that I bought the domain name from...or does it have to be moved to another company?

Please excuse my total lack of knowledge in this area, and NO techy jargon;) Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

hf
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP