Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject MEDICAL RESEARCHER HAS DOCUMENTED MORE THAN A THOUSAND NEAR-DEATH CASES
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message MEDICAL RESEARCHER HAS DOCUMENTED MORE THAN A THOUSAND NEAR-DEATH CASES

A medical social worker from Seattle asserts that she has catalogued more than a thousand cases in which those close to death have returned with what appear to be glimpses of eternity.

The researcher is Kimberly Clark Sharp, whose background includes work in critical care, bone marrow transplant, and academic medicine. She herself had a brush with death as a young woman -- an event that she says sparked her interest in others who may have transcended the physical.

Sharp, now part of IANDS, a research group studying such phenomena, recounts the case in which a middle-aged woman who had suffered cardiac arrest described leaving her body in the wake of a massive heart attack. Her name was Maria, a migrant worker hospitalized at the prestigious Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where Sharp worked counseling patients.

"When I got to the critical-care unit, Maria was lying slightly elevated in bed, eyes wild, arms flailing, and speaking Spanish excitedly," recounts Sharp. "I had no idea what she was saying, but I went to her and grabbed her by the shoulders. Our faces were inches apart, our eyes locked together, and I could see she had something important to tell me."

What Maria had to say was that during the second cardiac arrest she had "left" her physical self and was up in a corner of the room watching medical personnel as they worked below on her body. In uncanny fashion she described the placement of all the equipment and the reactions of those in the room, right down to the way a machine was spitting out chart paper during the attempt at her resuscitation.

Most astonishing was the woman´s detailed description of her spirit then leaving the hospital and allegedly hovering around the exterior of the building.

Her tremendously accurate depiction of the hallways, doorways, and other features was impressive, yet scientifically explicable, notes Sharp, who went through years of rigorous scientific training. One could argue that Maria recalled the details subconsciously or from a previous roaming through the corridors (even though she had not thus roamed).

But what remained inexplicable was that during her little "trip," says Sharp, the migrant worker had spotted an object on a window ledge about three stories above the ground. "It was a man´s dark blue tennis shoe, well-worn, scuffed on the left side where the little toe would go," writes Sharp, recounting the woman´s testimony. "The shoelace was caught under the heel."

Still, the medical worker wondered if Maria was "confabulating": filling in details with her own subconscious. Sharp decided to see if she could verify the shoe and began a painstaking search of the hospital. From the outside, she could see nothing on any ledge. It was a huge facility. The tops of ledges were obscured.

But Sharp kept looking and took her search inside -- entering rooms that Maria could not have entered and peering out the windows.

There was nothing on the north side where Maria´s room was located nor the east side of Harborview -- but when the medical researcher peered from a window on the west, there it was, a well-worn blue tennis shoe with the lace tucked under the heel!

"My knees nearly gave out from under me," recalls the medical worker of her astonishment, which sparked recollection of her own incident. "I leaned against the window for support, my forehead still pressed against the pane."

The astonishment was because the sneaker was not visible from below and Maria did not have access to this room -- in fact, the woman had been nowhere but the entrance and intensive care, where she had been on life-support. When Sharp reached out and grabbed the shoe, she even found the scuff that Maria had described -- which wasn´t visible from any window.

How could Maria have seen it with her physical eyes? "It was a perspective, I realized, that would only be possible from midair, three stories above the ground," maintains Sharp in a book called After the Light.

Sharp herself had a similar experience when she collapsed while growing up in Kansas and had watched ambulance attendants attempting to revive her. For a while she had been without a pulse, with rescuers fearing they had lost her. After the experience she encountered intense mystical activity, allegedly able to see angels and evil spirits (we´ll get to that in the next installment). The incident gave her the mission of ministering to those like Maria who "die" and come back.

Intriguing stuff, this, as Sharp recounts cases in which non-believers experienced the afterlife and Protestants encountered a gray area that sounds like purgatory!

When such experiencers return, says the researcher, they discover a greater appreciation for the meaningfulness of life. They see that everything is for a reason. They know now that God is watching. At all times. And they feel a part of Him, yearning to be back in His Presence.

They have a special sense of purpose.

They know now that everyone has a special mission. Often it brings them closer to Christ.

And, says Sharp, they lose their fear of death (although, now knowing they have a mission, they are in no hurry for it). They realize that their spiritual essence -- their consciousness and individuality -- will survive physical death. They present such testimony despite the skepticism of doctors, who find such experiences impossible to physically explain and thus attempt to reject them.

"A respected cardiologist once shouted at me that none of his patients had ever had a near-death experience, but from my bedside vantage point, the evidence was irrefutable," says Sharp. "Eventually, I documented the cases of more than a thousand patients, including some of his..."

[link to www.spiritdaily.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP