Users Online Now: 2,021 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 503,520
Pageviews Today: 801,202Threads Today: 329Posts Today: 4,983
08:42 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Grand Solar Minimum related question. Do you think we will have govt meat rationing? How soon?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Did you guys catch Ice Age Farmer yesterday? This is superb.

[link to www.youtube.com (secure)]

The question is, how long do we have? If this keeps up, and our strategic reserves are almost nil (so I've read), how long can we go?

We export half of what we grow.....I suppose that could be stopped, but woe to the rest of the world if it is.

On a practical level, I try to keep prepping as finances allow and the past year I've been buying freeze dried meat and cheese (30 year shelf life) and some canned meat (10 years). Hub and I need a low carb diet because we are skirting Type 2 diabetes if we don't. We can't live on oatmeal and beans, we need some meat meals.

I am thinking if things get bad meat will be rationed, as opposed to the free market where it would be priced out of reach of the middle class, which is sort of a form of rationing. It may depend on who rules at the federal level.

I read John Casey's books, and a lot online, and it looked like things would not get too bad until maybe 2024, but its here already apparently. We could have an occasionally decent harvest but maybe not.

So anyway, if you follow the GSM drama, do you think we will have meat rationing, and how soon? Thanks.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP