Users Online Now: 1,196 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 239,827
Pageviews Today: 306,439Threads Today: 61Posts Today: 1,000
02:36 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Ancient Australian history: looking for clues.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message The ancient history of Australia is a black hole of understanding. You look around at every other landmass/continent and there are stories, clues, ruins, a rich history of what once was. Except Australia. We believe that Australia just has no significant history, that it has just been a bare, barren wasteland for all time. I believe this to be due to a number of reasons.

1) First and foremost was the severity of Australian colonisation. Research into the early years of British colonialism of Australia reveals that many native tribes were completely obliterated within a relatively short time of the British arriving. This meant that what little would have been able to be gleaned about their history was lost to bloodshed and slaughter. Furthermore, this has cultivated a deep mistrust of Europeans that persists to this day with many of the few remaining Aboriginal medicine men quite reluctant to share even the basic knowledge of their beliefs and histories with the whites. And fair enough. I have studied all the esoteric literature related to Aboriginals that I can and while the core of their practices are quite similar to that of other indigenous peoples such as those from the Artic circle, North America, and Polynesia, they are still quite vague and obviously protective about the knowledge of their ancestors.

2) Environmental attributes of Australia give an indication that large scale cataclysmic forces, likely from the most recent cataclysm, had a devastating impact on the Australian continent. All you really have to do is look at a topographical map of Australia and you can clearly see that likely a wall of water hit the country from the Western coast, scoured the land up until the small range on the Eastern coast, where the water was redirected south to drain into the GREAT Australian Bite. Underwater formations such as enormous run-off channels and sediment deposits of the continental shelf lend credence to this notion. Additionally the land of Australia contains comparatively low amounts of topsoil compared to other landmasses which would be indicative of large volumes of water essentially scouring the landmass of its topsoil. This would have of course washed away any prior evidence of civilisation and had the consequence of making a large part of the landmass functionally uninhabitable.

So to recap, in Australia you have a continent devastated by cataclysm, which would have caused the small amount of survivors to either adopt or continue a basic lifestyle of living in Nature. The relatively small amount of the country that was comfortably inhabitable would have been utilised in a simple way by a diminished people relying on timeless, natural lifestyles of living in harmony with Nature. You then have a technologically advanced invading force which within a generation killed the majority of peoples it came into contact with, and either cheated, subjugated, or enslaved the rest. It is no surprise that the information held by Aboriginals which was almost exclusively orally transmitted would have been either lost to slaughter, or deliberately hidden from the invaders.

This brings me to the point of this thread. I am Australian, and it seems nonsensical that such an enormous landmass, on a planet that has had previous civilisations capable of technological feats we still don't properly understand, with a history that it is becoming clearer every year extends into the hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of years, would have just been ignored by mankind. I do not believe that could be the case. More likely, Australia has a rich history that up until this point has been either hidden from and/or forgotten by modern man. There is definitely anomalies in Australia such as the Gosford glyphs and the standing stones at Glen Innes. So it seems that there is something here, it is just yet to be uncovered.

I would like to invite anyone who is interested to contribute to discussion on the topic. I plan to over the next few years explore Australia, particularly cave systems as I believe that clues to the past could still be found there, as well as physical evidence of man and beast from before the last cataclysm. I also plan to build gradual rapport with indigenous peoples to see if they have stories and legends of their past that would give clues as to what was in Australia previously. I am frequently coming across stories that Native Americans have of their histories and land and feel that similar knowledge must exist in Australia, it would just be due to the scarcity of those who still possess that knowledge, and reluctance to convey it to a people that has caused them nothing but misery since first contact.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP