Users Online Now: 2,349 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 599,196
Pageviews Today: 1,038,267Threads Today: 432Posts Today: 7,296
12:43 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Letting my Light Shine (Parables/Spiritual Discernment)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message The Purpose of Jesus' Parables
…12Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13This is why I speak to them in parables: ‘Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.’ 14In them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled: ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.…

People will have scriptures, but not understand them and see the meaning in the scriptures. They will take it too literal. Those who hear, will see the meaning, and rejoice and live by it.

26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.”

27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the[a] covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”

Our we supposed to eat Jesus's literal bread, and drink his literal blood. Hell no.

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

The bread he is talking about is the scriptures. The Old Testament/Torah in his day. They were stones, words on paper. The mouth of God, is not God's literal spoken word. What do we use our mouth's for, We eat, speak, and kiss people with it.

When we eat bread, read scriptures/study the message, speak - live the message, express our beliefs,and kiss people, teach others the message, show people how to live our lives.

Now lets go to the miracle of Jesus feading thousands with bread and fish.

7 “We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered.

18 “Bring them here to me,” he said. 19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children.

Back in those days, it was hard to attain scripture. So people who had a few verses. Jesus did not feed with literal bread and fish. He fed with scriptures to teach a message, kind of like how I'm trying to do. The fish were people testimony, and changing people's hearts. Men and woman are the fish. Blindly swimming, eating whatever doctrine is placed in front of them. Some have hooks and catching people's hearts and minds, other food temporarily feeds them until they are hungry again (desiring God/truth/love)

The First Disciples
18As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, He saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the sea, for they were fishermen. 19“Come, follow Me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.” 20And at once they left their nets and followed Him.

Now lets go to the blood of Christ.

Blood was used as a sacrifice for God. jewish used Animals. mainly Lambs/Goats and Bulls.

Again this is symbolism.
A lamb is somebody sincere, follows a teacher/guide for support and learning. (think of Moses, led by God to free the slaves)
A goat has sure footing, somebody who is determined to do the right thing (think of Solomon)
A bull is somebody who attacks lies and exposes false doctrine (think of elijah)

Revelation 16:6
For they have spilled the blood of saints and prophets, and You have given them blood to drink as they deserve.
"

The life purpose of the saints and prophets is to live for God and spread the message. People take advantage of this and spill the blood (make it have no meaning, no effect on others by teaching false doctrine, and spreading fear).

Blood gives life, it is the life force of all creatures.
Think of Jesus's Blood as his life, the purpose of his life, what gave his life meaning. Drink his Blood, Live your life as he lived his life.
His body/bread is his teaching, his message. To love each other and to forgive each other. To turn the other cheek, not to respond anger with anger and get revenge.

26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.”

27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”

The fruit of the vine, is the effects that his teachings and life had on other people. The vine is Christianity, and the fruit is the people who truly follow the teaching .(Hence jesus will be inside of you)

Joel 2:28
And afterward, I will pour out My Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.

To the Church in Laodicea
…19Those I love, I rebuke and discipline. Therefore be earnest and repent. 20Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and dine with him, and he with Me. 21To the one who is victorious, I will grant the right to sit with Me on My throne, just as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

He stands at the door (your heart). If you hear his voice, (knowing something is wrong with your definition of love, he will come into your heart, he will get to know you, and you will get to know him. To the people who is victorious, (overcoming human's definition of love and know what Divine perfect love is). Hence sitting one his throne with him.

Grace and Perseverance
…11This is a trustworthy saying: If we died with Him, we will also live with Him
(knowing our life has meaning, and see the beauty of true love); 12if we endure (turn the other cheek), we will also reign with Him; if we deny Him, He will also deny us; (If we deny love,love will deny us) 13 if we are faithless, (not sincere) He remains faithful (he remains sincere to us) , for He cannot deny Himself.

If we died with him, Loved like he did, and endured all the haters attacks we will reign with him. Love like he did
Love Comes from God
…17In this way, love has been perfected among us, so that we may have confidence on the day of judgment; for in this world we are just like Him. 18There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment. The one who fears has not been perfected in love. 19We love because He first loved us.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP