Users Online Now: 2,076 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 999,795
Pageviews Today: 1,788,723Threads Today: 771Posts Today: 13,652
08:17 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Should Trump and Pompeo be required to lose weight, get in shape, and demonstrate basic proficiency with small arms before starting wars?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I was reading a bio of General Solemani, and one of his ideological principles was "lead from the front." He was the top leader in Iran, following only the president. Yet, he was everywhere on the battlefield. Lebanon, Syria, Iraq...

This type of leadership builds undying loyalty among the troops, and is likely a significant contribution to Solemani's continuous success in defeating ISIS/ISIL in Syria and Iraq, and to his legendary status among Iranians and Shia militias across the mideast.

Americans are loaded with all forms of high tech weaponry, computer systems, comm systems and other gadgets. However, their leadership does not stray anywhere near the hot zones. I think this is demoralizing to the troops. Knowing that the commanders won't place themselves in harms way. The soldier feels like just a pawn, expendable, in some politician's war.

Trump and Pompeo have recently set a very aggressive stance towards their perceived enemies. They are promoting a policy of "strength through deterrence." This upsurge in military aggressiveness by the US would have more credibility and build morale, if the leadership would walk the talk.

I think this could be achieved if Trump and Pompeo were to pursue a physical fitness and weight loss regimen that meets base military requirements. This could be combined with meeting marksmanship standards, and demonstrating proficiency with basic battlefield armaments.

Trump and Pompeo could then spend more time in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria. Riding along on patrols, visiting the hot zones. This would give them credibility as military commanders, and give them a much better understanding of the situation on the ground.

Trump's campaign slogan was MAGA, Make America Great Again. Our greatest president led from the front. George Washington. Teddy Roosevelt organized and led the "Rough Riders," 1st United States Volunteer Cavalry in the Spanish-American war.

I think it is time for the president and his cabinet, to deliver that promise of making American great again, and start leading from the front.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP