Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Covid-19 & The Sun: A Lesson From The 1918 Influenza Pandemic
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This article lines up with a story my great-grandmother always told me. She said when my great-grandfather came home from WWI, he found his mother and some of his siblings in their family home dying of the flu. He opened all of the windows in the house and nursed them back to health. I always wondered why she included that specific part about opening the windows as the main part of the story...

But records from the 1918 pandemic suggest one technique for dealing with influenza — little-known today — was effective. Some hard-won experience from the greatest pandemic in recorded history could help us in the weeks and months ahead.

Put simply, medics found that severely ill flu patients nursed outdoors recovered better than those treated indoors. A combination of fresh air and sunlight seems to have prevented deaths among patients; and infections among medical staff. There is scientific support for this. Research shows that outdoor air is a natural disinfectant. Fresh air can kill the flu virus and other harmful germs. Equally, sunlight is germicidal and there is now evidence it can kill the flu virus.

[link to www.zerohedge.com (secure)]

The article also mentions sunlight and vitamin D (which I have seen recommended as a supplement to take that may help fight off the virus). Also discusses the homemade face masks that they made back then which were the forerunners of the N95 respirators in use today.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP