Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Some propaganda I viewed tonight
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I never watch network television, but as I was working on some Ethernet cabling in my house the internets was down so I switched to the antenna feed just to have something in the background.

I flipped through the channels until a came across what seemed to be some cop show, which was adequate for something I wasn't going to pay attention to anyways so I left it there. Upon looking it up the show later it was Fox's "9-1-1". The star of the show is Angela Bassett, who plays the role of a LAPD Sargent.

The episode caught my attention when Bassett's character's husband and kids were pulled over by the police. The officers were immediately aggressive, asking the husband if the vehicle was his before even asking him for his license. They then ordered him out of the vehicle.

When the husband asks why he was pulled over, they state is was for an expired registration. He then gets agitated and says he has the new registration in the vehicle which he attempts to retrieve (he had already got his license and registration out of the glove box while in the car, failing to remember that it was expired).

At this point, the officers go hands on with him and for some reason point a gun at his children in the car which they did not notice before. The viewer is led to believe that they are about to shoot the young boy in the backseat right up until the husband states his wife is a LAPD Sargent, at which point the officers back off and immediately send him on his way with an apology.

A few things here right off the rip, this entire scenario was fabricated by some racist's imagination. During any traffic stop, the police run the tags before ever making contact with the driver. In a city like LA they would have a photo of the registered owner and a criminal history pop up on their laptop the second they entered the tag number, even if it was expired. And it's very unlikely they would pull a guy with no criminal record out of a car for an expired registration especially if he had two kids with him and wasn't acting suspicious.

Don't believe me? Watch the Rayshard Brooks body cam video. Police knew he had felony convictions for child abuse, drug dealing, weapons possession, and assaulting officers... and they were more polite to him than the treatment I've received for an expired inspection sticker.

At the end of the episode, the father has "The talk" with his son about how you need to be careful around police if you're a black man because they will 100% kill you for coughing or moving too quickly. Also, Angela Bassett pulls over the cop who harassed her husband for drunk driving and enacts revenge by scaring him, but eventually lets him go because they need to keep continuity that Rayshard Brooks should have been allowed to drive home instead of being arrested.

I smashed the antenna off my roof with a baseball bat, even if I don't watch it just the fact blatant propaganda like that is reverberating through cables while I sleep creeps me the fuck out.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP