Users Online Now: 1,028 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 165,476
Pageviews Today: 280,245Threads Today: 86Posts Today: 1,738
04:08 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Google search url parameters. psy-ab and gs_lcp... Need help looking into this. Nobody is willing to talk about it.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to www.quora.com (secure)]

[link to security.stackexchange.com (secure)]

[link to github.com (secure)]

I can't find anything but silence regarding this anywhere, so I wanted to reach out for help here. Urls, especially those generated when using Google Search, have certain operators and parameters that are used to secretly convey a large amount of data about those who are searching. But nobody seems to know what psy-ab and gs_lcp do. gs_lcp is fairly new and contains a HUGE alphanumeric string that appears to be base-64, but attempts to decode these strings have been unfruitful.

I have a bad feeling about this though, and feel like this is something we should NOT ignore. I think it's important we start paying more attention about how much personal data we are sharing without even knowing it.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP