Users Online Now: 1,309 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 177,509
Pageviews Today: 298,521Threads Today: 94Posts Today: 1,813
04:23 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Colorado Fires EastTroublesome 192,000+ acres, CameronPeak 208,000+, CalWood 10,000+, LeftHand 460+. Snow has halted fires for now!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message 26 October 2020

Heavy snow fell all day yesterday, accumulating up to 24", 2 feet in some places. Here i got 10" overall. It has halted fires from spreading temporarily. Dry, warmer weather will return and fire activity may as well. For now it is reprieve. It's the 3 largest fires in the states history now that have happened this year. I would have never guessed I'd be seeing it all so close to home but it was inevitable with awful forest management over the last few decades.

I fear for Red Feather, that forest was the most wicked I've ever been in, tall dead standing trees clanked together and sounded eerily like native American drums and creaking wood all around with the ground waving as the dead trees were begging to fall. It's the beetle kill.

It was a rather dark experience there seeing the disaster just waiting to happen. When you're standing in a place and you just have that feeling it's very strange... Anyway, it's a calm before the storm. This next week is enough to cause a heart attack.

The East Troublesome Fire is now at 192,000 acres, catching up to Cameron Peak Fire at 208,000. These two fires are now much larger than the Pine Gulch Fire that burned earlier this year near Grand Junction which was 100% contained in September at 139,000 acres.

The East Troublesome Fire made an historic run of 150,000 acres in less than 48 hours, wreaking havoc from Grand Lake all the way east to Estes Park. At least 2 people have died, 7 firefighters lost their homes and many hundreds of structures have burned. Between the East Troublesome Fire and Cameron Peak Fire are only 10 miles, all within the heart of Rocky Mountain National Park and dangerously close to Estes Park.

24 October 2020

Firefighters are giving all to make sure this massive fire that jumped the continental divide doesn't destroy the entire city of Estes Park. An elderly couple was pronounced dead after failure to evacuate.

It is now in second place at nearly 189,000 acres and growing.

Hopefully this heavy snow system doesn't fan the flames too much before dropping moisture.

For now, the Cameron Peak fire has been kept at bay.

The East Troublesome Fire to the south and west of Estes Park Colorado and very near Grand Lake, has exploded from around 20,000 acres 2 days ago, to 170,000+ acres in under 48 hours.

It is quickly approaching Estes Park from the West destroying much of Rocky Mountain National Park while the Cameron Peak Fire approaches from the North and East. Scientists and fire officials have stated it is very likely these two fires may merge. This fire has already claimed many properties in the Grand Lake area, but the numbers haven't been updated yet. This is a massive loss and mega disaster, potentially about to wipe out a national park.

Security camera footage captures the moment the east troublesome fire stormed into Grand Lake.

******************​*******

The Cameron Peak Fire has been burning for 2.5 months. It's now the single largest fire in state history at 208,000 acres and growing.

It is affecting very historic locations such as Rocky Mountain National Park, CSU mountain campus, Pingree Park, Masonville, Estes Park, Glen Haven, Drake, Devils Backbone, Horsetooth, Palisade, Round Mountain...

It is breaking over the mountains and working its way down into west Loveland and Fort Collins as well as west toward Estes Park. These are highly populated areas. Winds a few days ago reached gusts of 80mph.

I actually live in one of these areas. I'll let you know if i am evacuating and I'll see if i can provide pictures.

We're ready to go. We were days ago when people were saying it wouldn't hit here.

Friends may be losing homes right now and hopefully no more than that.

Please say a prayer!

Over 1540 firefighters are in the area. It's like a city of firefighters out here. Everyone is coming together to feed them and help them.

UPDATE 18 October 2020 4:30 PM MST

Cameron peak fire Now at 203,360 acres.

CalWood Fire over 7,000 acres. Started yesterday and potentially was started by arson as heard on fire authority scanners.

BREAKING TODAY

Left Hand Canyon Fire sparks, forcing evacuation of the entire town of Ward, Colorado. Already over 100 acres. Can they get this one out before it becomes an issue?

These seem to have been started in lines along main travel routes and large population centers in Colorado. This is getting out of hand.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP