Users Online Now: 1,486 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 225,967
Pageviews Today: 371,148Threads Today: 118Posts Today: 2,146
05:26 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Why so many threads saying "Where the Stimulus at," but not ONE saying Who's hiring?"
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I don't post threads often, but I'm curious.

Every time I come to GLP, I see a never ending stream of "Where's my stimulus check" posts, finger pointing that Trump is holding it up, or Pelosi is holding it up, or USPS or WHATEVE the case may be.

I have not once, not EVER, seen a post that goes like this...

"Hi! With everything going sideways, I'm in need of money and the economy is all messed up right now. Does anybody know who's hiring in <insert your State or Province here> and how to get in touch with them, or the URL for regional job banks?"

Just curious - I understand that some people are really hurting, and I'm trying to help locally where I can. I'm just wondering why the focus seems to be on free government money, rather than getting back on our own two feet and making our OWN economic recovery?

As I've mentioned before, the businesses that I see closing, other than in the entertainment sector, are only closing because they CANNOT FIND WORKERS willing to hire on, even with good wages and bonuses. People LITERALLY saying "I'd rather keep getting CERB (Canadian Free Shit money) then make a bit more for working... no thanks!"

Just wondering what logic propels the constant questions about checks, rather than about jobs.

penguin
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP