Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Message to a republican senator
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message You guys will love this! Enjoy!

Senator-
I write this as an unaffiliated voter. I have not been impressed by either R's or D's...EVER. I have spent my life voting for the lesser of two evils, which by the way, is very frustrating because it is still voting for evil.
A few thoughts on the GOP rushing this nomination. After refusing to even give a hearing to Obama's nominee five years ago, it is hard to process that the GOP position is that the same argument (the people should have a voice, and this is too close to the election) no longer applies.
This kind of hypocritical behavior, while not improving my opinion of the DEMs, motivates me to lean heavily against the GOP. I implore you to think twice about this nomination, and how you will vote. Regardless of any political fallout or even 'advantage' to be gained , it surely will create further polarity and mistrust of our leadership in the populace. Does the GOP really believe that this is what's best for the country, or do they think they might as well go ahead with this because they currently have the power to do it, and "Damn the torpedoes, we'll have a strongly conservative SCOTUS for the foreseeable future" ? I submit that when it comes to the highest court in the land, a bit more balance might serve us all more efficiently. Isn't balance in government what the founders were trying to establish in the first place? Is GOP support of this notion nothing more than lip service?
Side note: I consider myself a conservative. In my view the people in DC these days calling themselves conservatives are far from it. Unless the definition of conservative has been changed these last several years to mean something closer to regressive.
Further, the unabashed support for Trump, including his completely insufficient response to COVID weakens the GOP even further.
"The greatest nation and economy ever seen" can't put together enough (or ANY) random testing to even attempt to extrapolate a mortality rate for the virus eight long months later? Really? Don't you think knowing what we are truly up against is crucial to formulating a measured and appropriate response to this crisis?
You guys can't pull it together enough to have an intelligent response to COVID, but you'll get your judge seated, by God!
I strongly suggest the GOP stop acting like entitled self-important adolescents and do the right thing, but it appears it's too late for that.
If you guys seat this judge I will not be able to consider voting Republican ever again. As you may have been able to discern, I write this with a certain amount of disgust. Sincerely, Unaffiliated.

Have at it!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP