Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I have Uncle Intel On CRYTPO
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Buddy just called me from DC. He works for a compliance firm that is also fairly big in the world of financial legislation and lobbying. This guy is sharp. An MBA, numerous licenses. I trust him and we have been friends over 20 years. If he is ever allowed to talk about something, we talk. We talked this am about crypto.

Here is the rumors going around of some new regulations set to hit within the coming months:

1)Crypto Currency will be regulated by current amendable banking regulations. It won't be a control move at the exchanges themselves but rather the on and off ramps of those.

2)Any business wishing to have a SWIFT bank account will be required to instantly settle any and all crypto transactions PRE CLOSE for any transaction over $500.00. Basically meaning, if you want to buy something from me with bitcoin, I have to upon receipt instantly settle that in USD. This will essentially make crypto a more cumbersome payment system. Not an easier one. Also does not allow a business to stockpile crypto. Sure they can re buy it after the convert to USD. But then additional fees etc. We will get to that.

3)No anonymous transactions. Any item / transaction with crypto will require ID verification. They are talking literally scanned drivers licenses etc. For all transactions. Think about the headache. Failure to do so by either party will be met with steep fines, prison, etc.

4)There will be a transactional tax implanted of x percent on all crypto transactions due quarterly to the IRS. If you take 100k in crypto you will owe X percent to the IRS as a business quarterly. On top of and in addition to normal quarterly estimated taxes etc. Its unclear whether its DUE at the quarter or will be an estimated tax and then a final settlement at year end. This means most businesses instantly make LESS when selling something for BTC/Crypto.

5)Per transaction trading fees of x% on all crypto trades in addition to normal standard capital gains taxes. The rates are being discussed are 2-3%. Making scalping crypto nearly an impossible trading process.

6)This will initially be done with current regulations being amended but talk of an all inclusive new bill. Think something like the Patriot Act 2.0. Heavy fines, prison time, and penalties. The goal is to make it very difficult and cumbersome for any legitimate business to wish to do business in crypto currencies and for any trader of them to have a very hard time.

This is the basic gist of what we discussed. Basically legislators know the technology is too democratic to all out make illegal crypto, but the new regs are designed to make using crypto in legitimate endeavors more cumbersome, complicated, expensive and dangerous.

Stay safe.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP