Users Online Now: 2,135 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 727,698
Pageviews Today: 1,281,920Threads Today: 548Posts Today: 9,331
03:05 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject ROCKER GLENN DANZIG: PUNK ROCK COULDN’T HAPPEN TODAY CUZ ‘CANCEL CULTURE AND WOKE BULLS**T’
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to www.breitbart.com (secure)]

Glenn Danzig, who founded the rock band, Misfits, said his band and “the punk explosion” could never happen today, because of “cancel culture and woke bullshit.” The rocker added, “you won’t have any of those kinds of bands ever again,” because “everyone’s so uptight and P.C.”

When asked about the meaning behind the Misfits’ song, “Last Caress,” Danzig told Rolling Stone, “it’s just a crazy-ass song. We would do things just to piss people off.”

The lyrics to “Last Caress,” read, in part: “I got something to say, I killed your baby today, and it doesn’t matter much to me, as long as it’s dead. Well I got something to say, I raped your mother today, and it doesn’t matter much to me, as long as she spread.”

“It was something else,” Danzig said. “I don’t think people will ever see anything like it again. There won’t be any new bands coming out like that. Now, they will immediately get canceled.”

When asked to explain what he meant by that, Danzig said, “people don’t understand, because everything’s so cancel-culture, woke bullshit nowadays.”

“You could never have the punk explosion nowadays, because of cancel culture and woke bullshit,” the rocker continued. “You could never have it. It would never have happened. We’re lucky it happened when it did, because it’ll never happen again.”

“You won’t have any of those kinds of bands ever again,” Danzig insisted. “Everyone’s so uptight and P.C., it’s just like, ‘OK, whatever.'”
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP