Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I'm throwing two pizza parties for my co-workers tomorrow
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Back story: I work for a largish company, corporate headquarters in Hotlanta, not that that means anything. Just saying where I work ("fast casual" = fast food, basically) has over 550+ locations.

Anyway, today at work I noticed a sign posted on the manager's office door saying starting tomorrow masks are no longer part of the company's uniform; that this was a corporate decision.

Now, it's kinda funny: I got hired there about 2 months ago and so have I have been the only employee there who has openly defied the mask order. From day one, I have refused. I figure if they are going to fire me for that, I can always find another job. Haha, actually my franchise owner has often walked into my area of the kitchen and chatted with me, and has never said a word, even though I don't wear a mask. (I'm apparently very good at what I do, in a difficult, high-stress niche job. Maybe that's why he's been so lax with me. )

Okay, I'm babbling...

bukowski

Well anyway, as of tomorrow, NONE OF US will have to wear those fucking nasty-ass face diapers anymore. And although I don't celebrate most holidays (except 4/20 and Thanksgiving if there are any heady mushrooms around), I am going to spend $100 of my hard-earned money and give $50 to each shift tomorrow -- daytime and swing/nighttime -- to order delivery pizza for everybody to celebrate this fucking awesome news. And I'm also going to write an Open Letter to the employees/management, thanking them for their hard work (cleanest restaurant & freshest-ingredient I have EVER worked in, and there have been a lot...) and also to the owner -- and I guess I might even thank the corporate machinery -- for making this glorious tomorrow possible.

That's all I gotta say. I got 7 Rolling Rocks and a couple of 22-oz bottle of Heineken waiting for me.

Ol' Wharf Rat hopes the rest of you are have already reached this particular plane of rejoicefulness which I am experiencing, or soon will be.

Best of luck -- all y'all GLP guys & dolls rock. ACs included.

mash4077-salute
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP