Users Online Now: 2,229 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 764,925
Pageviews Today: 1,349,615Threads Today: 574Posts Today: 9,897
03:45 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject GOOGLE +TECH PLANNING TO CENSOR DOC SHARING!! SEPT 13TH !!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Did you receive an email relating to this with a list of files that are included?

https://imgur.com/a/bKdhRcm

Funny, not all my files prior to 2017 are listed other than HEALTH RELATED DOCUMENTS.

Other GLP members have also noticed the files are only health related.

Also usually "security" updates can't be rolled back or voluntary.

And its all revolving around mid SEPTEMBER. The date that seems to be popping up everywhere lately....

verydamned

More info I found:

Google Drive Security Update

Google will roll out an update beginning September 13, 2021 to make sharing links more secure, by adding a resource key. Affected files include non-Google files (PDF, Word docs, etc) stored in My Drive or Shared Drives prior to November 2017.

If you own or manage any files affected by this change, Google will notify you by email beginning July 26, 2021. The email will provide instructions on steps to take and will include a link to view a list of impacted files you own or manage in Google Drive.

On September 13, the change to the links may result in access requests from individuals who have not viewed the files previously but are trying to access them using a link. If you are able to replace old share links with the new links after you are notified, you can reduce the number of individuals who will need to request access.

[link to uknow.drew.edu (secure)]

Also looks like it may not just be google...

Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP