Users Online Now: 2,343 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 678,400
Pageviews Today: 1,187,552Threads Today: 505Posts Today: 8,457
02:10 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I need prayers for my dog. *updated* alaska crosses the rainbow bridge today..
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message She's been sick for days and the testing has revealed severe problems with her liver.
She's only 5. I need some collective conscious to drive over some good energy because I have none left...
I wouldn't normally do this but I've been hanging out here for years and I know there's lots of dog lovers on here.
We're about to leave her in emergency care :(

*update* most of her test results are back and have shown up negative for certain diseases and there are no tumours or lesions on her liver. A fancy way of saying they still dont know. I get to visit her tomorrow to see if I can get her to eat as she's still refusing everything they have offered to her. She's still stable though and they are reassuring me that is a good sign. If visiting her stresses her out though, they won't let me visit her again until she can come home.

*update#2* she is now on a feeding tube, as nothing has worked to get her to eat on her own. Her liver enzymes are waving, going down and then back up again.
They're still optimistic.

*update#3* so alaska comes home in a couple days. They are inserting a temporary feeding tube in her neck so we can feed her at home, as she currently will not eat, and no one expects that to change anytime soon. This will also make it easier to give her all the medications she needs.
She will get a liver biopsy tomorrow which is hopefully going to help them pinpoint exactly what is going on with her.
This has been the longest week of my life!
But my dog is coming home and again I can't thank you all enough! Probably have over 100 people praying for and supporting us in this, truly I think it's worked wonders.

Update 4*
She's coming home today, after a week in the hospital.
Things aren't looking good, her response to treatment has been minimal and her tests are now picking up signs of liver failure. At this point there's no logical sense in letting her sit in the clinic, rather she just be at home where she's safe and comfortable. They are unable to give her a feeding tube or do a liver biopsy as she is at a high risk for hemmoraging.
She still has a chance but it sounds like that chance is fleeting everyday.

*final update*

Unfortunately we've hit the end of the road and there is no time left. Thank you all for your prayers and support. She graced us with an extra week of cuddles all the treats and toys she wanted. My heart is absolutely broken.
Today she crosses the rainbow bridge to be with all the dogs of days passed. If you ever get to see the northern lights, think of her for me.
xx
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP