Users Online Now: 1,945 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,092,029
Pageviews Today: 1,996,229Threads Today: 677Posts Today: 14,835
07:17 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject TOGETHER DECLARATION against COVID PASSPORT has 100k signatures. Doctors Lawyers Actors. Sample letter for your UK MP. Please Support.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to togetherdeclaration.org (secure)]

Many MPs have said they are opposed to the Covid Pass (also known as the 'vaccine passport'). Others are unsure. Some, sadly, are in favour.

They all need to hear what you, their constituents, think of it, because what you believe can make a big difference to how they will vote in Parliament. They know their job depends on your support for them at the next election.

We've made it quick and easy for you to tell them to say "no" to vaccine passports. We have written a letter which you can send to your own MP. Simply click the link below to find out who your MP is. Copy their details into the letter and add your own. (Note: your address is needed so your local MP will know you're a registered voter in the constituency) Then cut and paste the completed letter into an email and send it to their constituency email address.

Find your local MP here.

The Letter, simply copy and paste
Dear (Insert MP Name),

I am writing as your constituent to express my concerns and objections to the proposed Covid Pass and to ask you to vote against mandatory Covid Passes in the forthcoming Parliamentary vote.

Covid-19 vaccines protect the vaccinated from serious disease, but data from the UK and other highly vaccinated countries now unequivocally show that none of the vaccines prevent you catching or transmitting Coronavirus, which would be the basis for introducing the Covid Pass.

The announcement that the Covid Pass would be introduced goes against the advice of the UK Parliament’s Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee report into Covid-19 status certification, which found that the government could not make a strong scientific case for vaccine passports, and that they would be discriminatory. The report was also clear that it is imperative the Government should produce a cost-benefit analysis, with full financial costings and detailed modelling of the potential impacts. The Government has failed to provide these for public scrutiny.

To summarise my concerns, I believe that

- the Covid Pass would be discriminatory on the grounds of race, religion and socio-economic status;

- the Covid Pass would be harmful to the economy as it is impractical for many businesses to implement;

- there is no strong scientific justification for the unevidenced Covid Pass;

- the vast majority of the adult population have had two doses of a Covid-19 vaccine and, according to the Office of National Statistics, nine out of ten adults have antibodies to Covid-19, so any Covid Pass scheme introduced at this point would be costly, with only diminishing returns;

- the Government has not been transparent in its intentions. At the time when Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for COVID-19 Vaccine Deployment of United Kingdom Nadhim Zahawi made assurances that there were no plans to introduce the Covid Pass, the Government had already issued eight contracts to develop one. Such lack of transparency is eroding trust in the Government and Parliament;

- the Covid Pass would damage informed consent. The Council of Europe resolution on Covid-19 vaccines details ethical, legal and practical considerations for ensuring a high vaccine uptake, and urges Member States to “ensure that citizens are informed that the vaccination is not mandatory and that no one is under political, social or other pressure to be vaccinated if they do not wish to do so; ensure that no one is discriminated against for not having been vaccinated, due to possible health risks or not wanting to be vaccinated”;

- the Covid Pass might actually be counter-productive and deter some people from being vaccinated as reported by the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Vaccines for All, and in a recent study published by the MDPI entitled ‘“Vaccine Passports” May Backfire: Findings from a cross-sectional study in the UK and Israel on willingness to get vaccinated against COVID-19’. This could affect faith in future public health initiatives;

- the Covid Pass would create an illiberal medical papers-based checkpoint society that is completely out of keeping with our British way of life.

Furthermore, no impact assessment of the introduction of the Covid Pass has been made publicly available.

I am very concerned about the Covid Pass, and your decision to support, or otherwise, the Government will affect my vote in the next General Election. Please could you reply to assure me that you will vote to stop the Covid Pass. If that is not your position, please could you reply to each of my concerns to explain why not. My decision regarding who to vote for in the future will be based on your reply to this letter.

Yours sincerely,

Your name
Your address

If you prefer, you can also download the letter here as a Word document.

Sign the Declaration
SPREAD THE WORD
DISCOVER MORE
Declaration
Call for Evidence
Videos
About Us
MP Letter
Legal
Contact
©2021 Together Declaration
All rights reserved