Users Online Now: 1,631 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 170,755
Pageviews Today: 284,481Threads Today: 91Posts Today: 1,668
03:42 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject My Wives National Company Is Limiting Purchase Quantities.. The Reason Might Just Surprise You.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message My wife is a manager for a large very profitable brick and mortor retailer. They have their own warehouses, distribution and trucking so they have product on hand to sell.. They also order far enough out they've been pretty good at maintaining their inventory..

Yesterday a memo comes out limit supply quantities.. At all locations.. The Problem~? Competitors have taken to buying anything they can get their hands on to take to their stores, add 50%-100% markup and look like they have plenty of inventory.. Leaving my wives loyal customers in the communities they serve with no product at any price..

So now the deal is if your a known customer and have a transaction history that supports their a customer and not a competitor.. The sale of anything in any quantity is no problem.

If a competitor is purchasing or suspected of purchasing their inventory to resale, managers must deny the sale then notify a special team who's tracking the issue at their corporate office..

In my humble opinion~? this situation is just going to deteriorate until companies or anyone for that fact, will be vulnerable to not only roving bands of looters.. But also roving bands of corporations with no product..

I was wondering if anyone else is seeing these kind of problems where they work~?

1dunno1
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP