Users Online Now: 1,578 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 48,282
Pageviews Today: 94,690Threads Today: 44Posts Today: 724
01:18 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Discussion of the bs surrounding yearly mammograms -- Is this cash cow actually hurting us?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I am not making a comprehensive case here, just opening up discussion about this because I am always nagged by my docs to get more regular mammograms.

The data shows that the perception of the value of a mammogram does not equal the truth of the matter. From everything I have seen, routine mammograms in asymptomatic people add radiation to breast tissue for no reason. There are many false positives as well as many surgeries and chemo treatments that devastate immune systems and damage the body that are done on cancers that would never have grown or become problematic, but were "detected."

This makes mammograms a cash cow.

I have other stuff wrong...actual major illness stuff...and it is like pulling teeth to get callbacks to schedule the procedures. But with a mammogram, these assholes will call you to death repeatedly, the hospitals have telemarketers with a sales script that will harrass you to schedule.

I think routine mammograms are utter bullshit. Since their inception, deaths from breast cancer have increased, not decreased. Show me their efficacy, please.

While we're at it, show me where the billions spent on pink ribbon bullshit have changed breast cancer deaths in any significant way. I see no evidence of that, either. Still more bullshit surrounding breast health.

I trust the medical people less than ever after the events of the past two years. Much of medicine is a scam.

Change my mind.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP