Users Online Now: 2,142 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 668,512
Pageviews Today: 1,168,749Threads Today: 492Posts Today: 8,284
01:59 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject School District has put an AR-15 in a safe in every school in the county so the guns can be accessed for classroom defense in case of attack.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message North Carolina’s Madison County School District has put an AR-15 in a safe in every school in the county so the guns can be accessed for classroom defense in case of attack.

The Citizen Times notes that Madison County schools will also have breaching tools and extra magazines of ammunition for the rifles.

The county’s decision was framed as a response to the May 24 Uvalde, Texas, attack.

A memorial for victims of Tuesday’s mass shooting at Robb Elementary School is seen on May 27, 2022, in Uvalde, Texas. (Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images)

USA Today reported that Madison County Sheriff Buddy Harwood pushed for the AR-15s following the attack, pointing out that he did not want evil people to be able to enter the school and hole up in a classroom with officers powerless to act.

Harwood said, “Hopefully we’ll never need it, but I want my guys to be as prepared as prepared can be.”

“We were able to put an AR-15 rifle and safe in all of our schools in the county. We’ve also got breaching tools to go into those safes. We’ve got extra magazines with ammo in those safes,” Harwood explained.

“In the event we have someone barricaded in a door, we won’t have to wait on the fire department. We’ll have those tools to be able to breach that door if needed. I do not want to have to run back out to the car to grab an AR, because that’s time lost.”

[link to www.breitbart.com (secure)]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP