Users Online Now: 1,274 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 54,140
Pageviews Today: 97,962Threads Today: 46Posts Today: 505
12:54 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Alleged Idaho killer Bryan Kohberger being accused of having "visual snow syndrome"tiny, snowlike flecks in vision sometimes transparent
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I see transparent things in my vision all the time, thought everyone did....

Do you?

[link to news.yahoo.com (secure)]

The Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger may have told an online forum he had visual-snow syndrome.

It's a rare disorder first described in 1995 that's estimated to affect up to 2% of the population.

On an online forum when he was a teenager, Bryan Kohberger, the University of Idaho murder suspect, may have said he experienced a strange visual anomaly.

In a series of posts on a forum in 2011, the user Exarr.thosewithvisualsnow wrote about having a condition called visual snow. . Newsweek reported that Lauren Matthias, the host of a true-crime podcast, said on NewsNation that she and her team had linked the account to an email account of Kohberger's. The New York Times also connected the account to Kohberger.

Kohberger's attorney didn't immediately respond to a request for comment inquiring whether the account was Kohberger's and whether Kohberger had visual snow.

In a July 2011 post, Exarr.thosewithvisualsnow wrote: "It is as if the ringing in my ears and the fuzz in my vision is simply all of the demons in my head mocking me."

Visual-snow syndrome is a little-known neurological disorder that scientists first recognized in 1995.

Most people experiencing it continuously see tiny, snowlike flecks in their vision, as if the world in front of them is a badly tuned old TV set. The dots are usually black and white, though they can sometimes be transparent.

The condition affects up to 2% of the world population, according to the Mayo Clinic's estimates. Because it's so rare, researchers are only beginning to understand it.

Experts aren't sure about the cause of the disorder, but a 2022 review suggested visual-processing centers in the brain played a role. Other studies suggested people with a brain injury were more likely to develop visual-snow syndrome.

A 2020 survey of 1,100 people found that the average age of people experiencing visual-snow syndrome was 29, and nearly 40% of those surveyed said they'd had symptoms "for as long as they could remember."

The condition doesn't seem to get worse over time. Still, there is no cure for visual-snow syndrome.

One study indicated a medication used to treat seizures and bipolar disorder worked for some patients with visual snow. Wearing orange-tinted glasses may also provide some relief.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP