Users Online Now: 1,269 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 288,635
Pageviews Today: 364,649Threads Today: 67Posts Today: 1,092
03:15 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Parents sue Meta, alleging teen daughter's eating disorder stemmed from Instagram addiction
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I heard this on the radio today, and thought sure it had to be a joke. So I googled it, and sure enough......there are several articles on it, as well as advertisements by lawyers seeking those who have been "victimized" by addiction to social media.

Can this world get any crazier? Did the parents never monitor screen time? Apparently not.

Has anyone else heard of this? I did a search for the topic and nothing came up that was similar to this.

The parents of a 19-year-old woman are suing Meta, saying their daughter developed an Instagram addiction as a minor that eventually prompted an eating disorder and suicidal ideation.

In a personal injury lawsuit filed Monday in the U.S District Court for Northern District of California, obtained by USA TODAY, Kathleen and Jeff Spence detail how their daughter, Alexis, began using Instagram at age 11 – two years younger than the platform's required age of 13 – and slowly became consumed with her appearance and the perception of others as an obvious flashpoint to her ensuing mental health struggles.

[link to www.usatoday.com (secure)]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP